View Full Version : Whiplash WOR UTV Rule Book
01-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Whiplash Rule Book
02-21-2011, 01:23 PM
WHIPLASH 2009 UTV RULES
STOCK CLASS: this is an all factory base model side-by-side unit.
Units must be in stock trim as they would be in a dealer ship
(Rev boxes, pipes, tuners, clutch mod’s and shocks are NOT Legal)
SUPER STOCK: this is a class for all factory performance side-by-side units
1. The unit must retain stock wheel base
2. Aftermarket shocks are legal
3. Bolt on cages are legal
SPORT MOD: this is a class for all modified factory built units
1. These units may run any motor 1000cc or less
2. All cages must be weld on by 08/01/2009 with proper gussets
3. Maximum wheel base 115” by 72”
4. Single seat units are legal (Red Line, Pilot, Custom, etc.)
PRO MOD: same rules as above, Pro Entry Fee and Pay Back
BAJA PRO: this is a class for highly modified units with CVT system
1. All cars must meet the minimum weight of 1400 lbs less driver and finish the
race no less than 1320 lbs less driver
2. All cars must meet the minimum tubing size and proper gusseting
3. All cars must have 1 blue, 1flashing yellow, 1 solid yellow and 2 brake lights
all safety lights must be a minimum of 40” above the ground and come on with ignition
4. Roll cage must meet the general chasse section of the truck and buggy rules
All vehicles competing in this division must meet the following basic conditions;
ROLL OVER PROTECTION
All vehicles must have a ROLL CAGE substantial enough to protect the DRIVER and
or CO DRIVER in the event of a HIGH SPEED ROLL OVER.
1)All roll cages must be welded together (bolted areas can remain bolted but must be
2)Roll cages must feature triangulated braces designed to keep the cage from collapsing
during END OVER END and or BARREL ROLL incidences
3)Roll Cages must include a METAL ROOF and at least TWO ways for a DRIVER or
CO-DRIVER to exit the car.
4) WINDOW NETS that will keep the Driver and Co Drivers hands and arms inside the
vehicle must be in place with working latches on either the top or bottom of the nets
SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION
All vehicles must have a combination of tubes and or metal plate substantial
enough to protect the DRIVER or PASSENGER from a side impact.
All Vehicles must have a properly mounted fuel cell
1) FUEL CELL must be protected from puncture from rear impact and or roll over
2) A FIRE EXTINGUISHER or FIRE SYSTEM fully charged and easy to find reach
and operate my Driver, Co-driver or rescue workers in a emergency.
1) HELMETS, All Drivers and Co-Drivers must wear a DOT / SNELL certified
helmet free from cracks, chips, or deep scratches.
2) EYE PROTECTION Motor Cycle type Goggles or Visor type Eye protection
built into full-face helmets.
3) DRIVING SUITS, MINIMUM single layer Nomex type driving suits.
4) SEAT BELTS, MINIMUM 4 point belts, and shoulder harness are required.
They must be in excellent working condition and no more than 5 years old.
5) Minimum 1 rear facing yellow light that turns on with ignition.
UTV CLASSES NUMBERS
*STOCK (310 to 399)
*SUPER STOCK (210 to 299)
SPORT MODIFIED ( 110 to 199)
PRO MODIFIED (10 to 99)
BAJA PRO (1800 TO 1999)
CHINA LIGHTS (800cc or LESS) (510 to 599)
CHINA SUPERS (801cc to 1600) (410 to 499)
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
UTV and China Lite Classes and Numbering System:
Grand Prix Series
Pro Entry Fee Grand Prix Race: $100 per day (Pre Registration Discount $90 per day, pre registration at least 2 days in advance.)
Details coming soon.
Sportsmen Entry Fee Grand Prix Race: $60 for one day, $85 for 2 days. (Pre Registration Discount $50 for one day, $75 for 2 days. NO LATE FEES!)
Pro Payout Schedule:
If there are 1-3 entries in the pro class, 100% of the pot goes to the winner.
If there are 4-6 entries in the pro class, 70% of the pot goes to the winner and 30% goes to 2nd place.
If there are 7-9 entries in the pro class, 50% of the pot goes to the winner, 30% goes to 2nd place, and 20% goes to 3rd.
Each pro entry fee contributes $80 to the pro pot.
DESERT and GRAND PRIX UTV AND CHINA LITE CLASSES:
Class Description Type Numbers
Unlimited Pro UTV (non UTV based Engine) Pro 50-99
Baja Pro UTV Pro 1800-1900
Pro Mod UTV Pro 01-49
Pro China Lite Pro 550-599
Sport Mod UTV Sportsmen 100-199
Super Stock UTV Sportsmen 200-299
Stock UTV Sportsmen 300-399
China Lite Sportsmen 500-549
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.