2016 UTV World Championship Announcement

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

The Polaris RZR UTV World Championship returns to Laughlin, Nevada Feb 20th 2016!
UTVUnderground.com and Best In The Desert to host two Championship Races

In 2015 UTVUnderground.com teamed up with Mad Media and the Best in The Desert (BITD) Off-Road Racing Association and created the first ever UTV World Championship on the edge of the Colorado River in Laughlin, NV. The multi-discipline UTV race was a huge success and brought desert and short course UTV racers together for one massive weekend of racing. No other UTV event has captured the spirit of the UTV culture like the UTV World Championship. The Multi-day event included desert racing, short course racing, enthusiast rides, an industry business summit, as well as a showcase for UTV manufacturers and aftermarket manufacturing companies.

“Seeing the UTV World Championship come to life last year was really exciting for our entire sport. This year we’re going even bigger with more events, more venues, more racers, more spectators, more coverage, and more prizes! With over two hours of national TV coverage, and unparalleled online and social media content, we are now the most visible UTV race in the world. Our goal is to showcase the best UTV racers on the planet, in multiple disciplines!” stated UTVUnderground.com CEO/Founder Joey “Joey D.” DiGiovanni.

The four-day event format will once again feature one full day of racing, contingency and tech in downtown Laughlin, demo and enthusiast rides, and a business-to-business UTV industry summit. Tech and contingency will feature a manufacturers midway so enthusiasts can check out the newest stock and customized UTV models as well as the industries top aftermarket accessories. Enthusiasts and racers will be able to pre-run the actual racecourse in stock UTVs during the family fun pre-run.

Classes will include a BITD Pro UTV Desert Points / Championship Race (Pro, Unlimited, Sportsman), AND Championship Pro UTV 1000cc Short Course / MX, Pro UTV 850cc Short Course / MX, and a Quads & Bikes desert race (BITD points). The course will consist of a 14.5 mile run for desert racing, and a 5-mile track for short-course / MX, with a custom moto-style (fan friendly) infield. By design, this will be the one event that brings all UTV racers from BITD, SCORE, GNCC, WORCS and the Lucas Oil Off-Road Regionals together to compete for two separate championships!

“Last years event was a huge success! Especially for our first year. In 2016 we are building on that momentum and improving the event across the board. Everything from the track to spectating, to the size of our contingency will be greatly expanded. We are also focused on making the UTV World championship an event that attracts new users to come learn about UTV’s. So we’ve added test rides, group rides and product displays and demonstrations. Laughlin, Nevada proved to be the perfect setting for the UTV World Championship, by offering modern amenities one block away from the race track – so we’re thrilled to be back!” commented Mad Media CEO Matt Martelli.

In the coming weeks, UTV World Championship staff will begin releasing important information regarding race classes, rules, event schedule, accommodations and other details. Stay tuned toUTVWorldChampionship.com and UTVUnderground.com.

For 2016 UTV World Championship sponsorship information, please contact Matt Martelli, Joey DiGiovanni or Ron Solomon.

About The Polaris RZR UTV World Championship presented by UTVUnderground.com
The Polaris RZR UTV World Championship presented by UTVUnderground.com is the world’s biggest UTV race and takes place every year in beautiful Laughlin, Nevada. The UTV World Championship draws the best UTV racers in the world to battle in both short course and desert races to decide who is the best UTV racer on the planet! The race features an ultra exciting side-by-side land rush start and intense door to door racing all the way until the checkered flag. The UTV World Championship has the biggest TV, online, and school media coverage in the sport of UTV racing.

About UTVUnderground.com
The worlds fastest growing all inclusive UTV site contributed to by both enthusiasts and manufacturers alike. UTVUnderground is the go-to site for fresh, original content and is known for its dedication to hosting all of the latest news and insight surrounding the UTV industry. Thousands of monthly visitors from over 100 different countries around the world go to UTVUnderground.com for their daily dose of UTV news and information.

Reactions: Glamisfan

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Did I miss something or can someone tell me what the rules are for the Pro Turbo Production race are? Is is the same as BITD where we can't touch the ECU? I looked everywhere I could to confirm that and didn't see anything listed. Joey?

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Did I miss something or can someone tell me what the rules are for the Pro Turbo Production race are? Is is the same as BITD where we can't touch the ECU? I looked everywhere I could to confirm that and didn't see anything listed. Joey?
Perhaps the word 'touch' isn't applicable anymore given what has been offered of late regarding 'tape' (tamperproof) solutions and 2016 ECU 'mods'...

Last edited:

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
It's. BITD race for points. Same rules apply for the desert race I feel certain.

The short course race I think is a more run what ya brung attitude.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Yeah I knew the desert race was going to BITD rules, my question was directed at the Short Course Race. Will the turbo class be stock turbo cars as delivered from the manufacturer or are people allowed to have them flashed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Run what you brung on the ECU.. Needs to be a factory Turbo engine is all

There is a protest process if you think someone has gone over the CC limit. If you are caught cheating we could ban you from future events.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Is there a schedule of events somewhere?
Schedule is TBA but here is what I know

Polaris to do demo rides all day Friday & Saturday

Contingency, Registration, Drivers Metting, Poker Run all day Friday

Racing: Desert - Youth - Production on Saturday

Awards Saturday Night

Official Party Friday Night

Tech & Contingency at the Colorado Belle

Registration / Drivers Meeting - Colorado Belle

Awards - Harrah's on the beach (this will be a party vibe! Food & Drinks)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000