Predictions for the UTV World Championship ?? Side bets??

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
Normally a week or two before a race everyone is in a BUZZ about the upcoming events. This is going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest races ever held for a UTV. How come there isnt a buzz on here? All the rider profiles that come up are going with very little views, there isnt a thread with side bets yet, even with the media being pumped up about the World Championship from JoeyD it seems like everyone is being quiet.

I have been working on the my trophies for the event today and i almost have them done. What about a side bet or who thinks they have what it takes to win the FASTEST LAP in the UTV desert and short course race? The guys from back east are coming with some seriously heavy hitters for the short course race. There will be quite a few purpose built short course turbo mavericks that are untouchable in the cross country series back east. With there being so many entires in the desert race, who do you think will pull off the fastest lap? What do you guys think about each class?

IMG_3999 (1).jpg IMG_4002 (1).jpg IMG_4004.jpg

Reactions: JoeyD23

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I have not even seen an entry list. Is there one posted somewhere?

My prediction is the RedLands Racing new XPT with be the talk of the whole event. Nothing racing right now even comes close to what they have built.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
yeah it was listed last thursday. i had somebody send me the list and i glanced over it they already has the pre-entries and their starting positions. i will see if i can find it.

if redlands doesnt do something about the clutch on the XPT first, they wont be at the front of the pack. as fast as this course will be, they will be on belt 5 by the end of the 150 mile race. 100% stock clutching in the XPT is a nightmare. even the best driver and pedaling it and being nice to the clutch and it blows belts. i hope to see them again out there maybe i can help them out.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I'm a big fan of TORC so I'm looking forward to seeing how a fast truck guy like Kyle Hart will do in a UTV. That's my favorite part of this race. Seeing how all the other guys stack up to the regulars. All the fast guys don't live out west.

Last edited:

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
Kyle hart alresdy drives a Rzr. Well...... Did. He holds the lap record at my track. By a LONG shot. He's faster than you can imagine. Problem is he wasn't able to hold the Polaris together under him for long. So they decided to switch to the new Yamaha. They've spent a few months getting two lined out and they just made the last cross country race here and Kyle was blazingly fast in it as well. I haven't talked to them about this race. I not sure they are coming. But yes most folks think all the fast guys are out west, but these guys that I know are coming are some seriously heavy hitters. They race against Kyle in the cross country races here. Louisiana has quite a few world class and quite a few retired motoX racers that now race in cross country in SxS. A normal dude that has a good chance at any local cross country race to win a podium would probably be like 10th at best racing in the LACC where a lot of these guys are just out playing and having fun. Last time I talked to Kyle Cheney who races (dominates) Gncc with his maverick I think we had mentioned he was coming to Laughlin as well. I know 6 cross country racers that are coming for certain that aren't on the pre-entry list above. Who knows how many more will end up registering at the race.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Adam I spoke to a couple of friends that know their family and they told me the Harts were busy getting their new XYZs ready to go for this race. He would be my favorite to win the Production short course race by far. I agree with the stripping shop. The Yamahas were blazing fast this weekend at loors. I watched the pro production race and The Wellers and Nelsons had their cars Dialed in . Granlund I heard was smoken fast all weekend too Winning the Pro Production Class in his new XYZ at Quad X. Lot of you guys don't know who Kyle Cheney is that Adam spoke about. If he shows up with his crew he would be one of my favorites as well. He is one of the fastests dudes I've ever seen wheeling around a UTV.

Last edited:

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If Kyle Hart races he will be a threat! I've known his Dad Marty before Kyle & his sister were born. Marty was a Champion in everything he raced. Kyle's a racer and kids like him will be a theat in an event like this.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Im hoping my sources are reliable and the Harts show up..Marty Hart was my first "Idol" I had in Motor Sports. On a 3 wheeler sad to say. Makes me feel really old saying that...

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Im hoping my sources are reliable and the Harts show up..Marty Hart was my first "Idol" I had in Motor Sports. On a 3 wheeler sad to say. Makes me feel really old saying that...
Me too! He lived down the street from me here in San Diego back when he was racing Mickey Thompson. I met him when he was getting off the 3 wheelers & quads and in the desert class 5 car and the Mickey Thompson super 1600 cars. I used to help prep the cars in his garage and chased the Score races and helped the Mickey Thompson events I could go to. Marty owned a glass shop as his day job and I learned a bit about glass from him too. Got some great stories, that I would get in trouble telling! LOL!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
As i grew up i knew about the Baja races and the only name that ever stuck out was Ivan Stewart. Once i started getting into this racing with the work i do now, i started meeting more and more people. When this Louisiana Cross Country Racing started picking up and we started doing work for a lot of the drivers i started going to all the races and meeting new people and customers, nobody here locally really knew Marty for what he had done out west for YEARS in racing. Every now and then you would hear someone that would say "i heard he raced trophy trucks" so one day i did a little research to see who he was and CRAP he was a serious legend in offroad racing. hes won almost everything, on almost anything. 3wheelers, 4wheelers, trophy trucks. He's no joke.

In the cross country races here, last year marty and kyle ran 100% stock engine and driveline XP1000. Marty played with the suspension to his liking, and they ran on pretty much a 100% stock RZR. they can go out and outrun folks with 30 more whp just by using the track and taking lines nobody else sees and understands. they have racing in them, they are both pro drivers for a reason. they arent you average Joe out looking to kill a saturday afternoon on his stock 900, they are SERIOUS drivers. When kyle came here to get his clutch dialed in, our goal was to make him be able to run a race without blowing a belt as he never finished a race. I did the work and made the machine faster. he went out and set some absolutely blazing laps, unheard of fast. then marty said "i want to make sure it will last an hour so he can finish a race without blowing a belt" so we started the timers and let kyle run a solid hour moto on the track. not only did he set the fastest lap time ever been run here, but the solid hour he ran he never varies more than 1 second off that lap time. it was amazing. literally not a single mistake for an hour, and not only did he set the fastest lap time, but even his slowest lap out of the 40 he ran in that hour was still more than 5 seconds faster than the next fastest lap time which was ran by Dustin Jones in his XXC machine. this is on a track thats less than a mile, 1 minute 40 second lap times or so on a stock XP1000.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Nice Trophy Adam! Hopefully we will be taking some hardware home.....The hardware we are interested in is the OVERALL!!

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I have not even seen an entry list. Is there one posted somew

My prediction is the RedLands Racing new XPT with be the talk of the whole event. Nothing racing right now even comes close to what they have built.
You would have to think Nikal a Best in the Desert Race UTV built by Jimco has to be right up there. I'm looking forward to seeing both cars up close.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
You would have to think Nikal a Best in the Desert Race UTV built by Jimco has to be right up there. I'm looking forward to seeing both cars up close.
I know Mike Julson the owner of Jimco very, very well. Pretty much everything I have raced has been a Jimco. I won a BITD class 10 championship in the company Jimco with Justin Lofton & Matt Loidice who is Mike's step son.

With that said, Jimco's UTV build is very nice and the chassis design is built right, like a mini 10 car and you can expect everything Jimco built to be done right and will be top notch! Now I still stand behind what I said about the RedLands new XPT. I will say the people behind this machine are not UTV people. Were talking TT builders and guys who design everything on the computer before a single part is made. No off the shelf, bolt on, long travel kit that anyone can buy on this machine. The details when looked at close will blow your mind! I will say no more as it not my place to say and don't know if they would even want me talking about what I have. I'm still trying to figure out my schedule to see if I can make this race myself?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I'm sorry but you can't put Caitlin Jenner in Robby Gordon's truck and win any desert race.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
This 140 mile sprint is gonna be flat graded roads with these turbo cars probably running a 55mph average. Don't be surprised to see a woman out there putting it on all the dudes. It won't be a Caitlyn Jenner. But I bet there's gonna be a lady out there busting some ass!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000