So who won the UTV Championship?

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I was surprised of the lack of event/race coverage, especially being that the race was built and named after this site. They did post the top 3 in each class on Instagram.
Me too. Facebook live kept me updated for most of the day from people broadcasting but toward the end of the day it died off. I had to work all damn day like a sucker. Lol Those Can Am's are bringin it this year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Double Lr

Mar 8, 2015
Las Vegas
So if I am reading the results right...

Polaris didn't win any class in the desert race. 3 of the top ten turbos were CanAm. The only unlimited machines that finished top 44 were not Polaris. And 2 of the top 5 production machines were Yammy.

Anybody figure out who the racer was that ruined everybody's day on the start??

NIKAL

May 13, 2012

Polaris didn't win any class in the desert race. 3 of the top ten turbos were CanAm. The only unlimited machines that finished top 44 were not Polaris. And 2 of the top 5 production machines were Yammy.

With Polaris not winning any desert classes, I suspect we will also see a lack of post race coverage too. In the past the post race coverage was paid for by Polaris, not something UTVU just did. That was why they did not cover the none Polaris teams, which was understandable.

I bet if this continues to happen Polaris will be releasing the new XP sooner then later.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul

i was wondering why there wasn't much post race hype or info. Hmm.....

Reactions: Double Lr

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
There was a decent amount of updates on the turbo class throughout the day. Mostly from teams on Insta. I appreciated Joey filming the start . But with hosting the race and two boys racing on top of that that is alot going on for any one guy. Still pretty lame though the NA class had zero mentions all day. Not one. Apparently its all about the turbo class now

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyD23

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Yeah, I really should get ip to speed with Facebook and Instagram. It's just such a narcissistic thing. It's always, "I'm doing this", or, "I've done that". It's all so effen vain, but I guess it is the direction in which we all are heading.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
After reading about how this race was a demolition derby, I have a few ideas to make the race better and not a demolition derby.

UTVU, MM & BITD will not like this one.
1) Limit the amount of entries per class and race. Teams who have entered the previous BITD race get first priority in the desert race. This would be a lost of revenue for the promoters, so I'm sure they will not want to go this route.

2) Treat this whole event like a Moto event and run 2 lap heat races, with the top five or whatever #, going to the main event. You could even have a LCQ and take the top 2 or 3 from that race. Then you have your main event which is 4-5 laps with 25-30 cars on the course max. This way you can take as many entries as you want, but have the racing in a more controlled environment.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Yeah, I really should get ip to speed with Facebook and Instagram. It's just such a narcissistic thing. It's always, "I'm doing this", or, "I've done that". It's all so effen vain, but I guess it is the direction in which we all are heading.
You're right but you can go on and just observe. I got on to keep up with my sisters, nieces and nephews in other states. Also its where everyone in my offroad/dune group posted all the pictures. Sponsors like it also.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
There was a decent amount of updates on the turbo class throughout the day. Mostly from teams on Insta. I appreciated Joey filming the start . But with hosting the race and two boys racing on top of that that is alot going on for any one guy. Still pretty lame though the NA class had zero mentions all day. Not one. Apparently its all about the turbo class now
Unfortunately most of the big names are in Turbo now so thats probably how its gonna be. I was there rooting on my buddy in na class but trying to keep tabs on all the classes and it was virtually impossible. I was so busy watching I never even thought to post on Facebook.

Double Lr

Mar 8, 2015
Las Vegas
[QUOTE "NIKAL, post: 202434, member: 5985"]With Polaris not winning any desert classes, I suspect we will also see a lack of post race coverage too. In the past the post race coverage was paid for by Polaris, not something UTVU just did. That was why they did not cover the none Polaris teams, which was understandable.

I bet if this continues to happen Polaris will be releasing the new XP sooner then later.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that coverage would be provided equally, unbiased, for us by us and all that... alas, because Polaris majorly screwed their 17 lineup, I pay the price with shit coverage.

A race for everyone needs to be treated as such. I'm seeing posts on insta about losers, I mean that in a non insulting way. It's pretty sad really.

Maybe next year this week I'll be able to !! CATCH THE WHOLE THING ON YOUTUBERS!!

FullSizeRender.jpg

One thing is for sure, this poor guy probably didn't have many friends in the pits afterwards. Bummer! I hope he at least finished better then where he started.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I know he didnt ram Dowden on purpose but holy crap. It was like he aimed straight for him trying to rejoin the race after getting bumped off the track at the start. My brother said jokingly he bet that dude went straight for the trailer after the race and hid. Im sure he feels bad after seeing how bad it looked on film.

Double Lr

Mar 8, 2015
Las Vegas
I know he didnt ram Dowden on purpose but holy crap. It was like he aimed straight for him trying to rejoin the race after getting bumped off the track at the start. My brother said jokingly he bet that dude went straight for the trailer after the race and hid. Im sure he feels bad after seeing how bad it looked on film.
The first thing I thought was damn he pulled back on like his spot was saved or something. Driver side like that, you know he couldn't see for squat. Still though, a huge land rush like that you have got to know that as soon as you move your meat you lose your seat, no way anyone was going to slow down and let him pull back in.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
From what I saw pretty much everyone was going to win that race on the first lap. I saw a couple of very unhappy people in the pits also. I understand wanting that little bit of clean air if you get the holshot but people with bad draws who kept moving the whole time won the races.

Skidoojunky

Aug 14, 2016

Looks like the rzr driver had something to do with rolling 2 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bricoop

Jan 8, 2017
What is the protocol when one is involved in a wreck like this? Do you stop and check on the other car, or is that primarily when you're away from spectators/race orgs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000