So who won the UTV Championship?

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Did the Rzr driver actually cause the roll or did the cars high-side and the driver stay in the throttle? the 2nd roll looked like the rzr wasn't right there pushing him over when it happened?

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I am not a fan of landrush starts in UTVs....not everyone can hold their line(seriously, it must be a huge challenge for some), and these cars can climb all over the top of each other's wheels with the right touch at the right place. Can ruin a number of racer's days before the race even starts......

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
I am not a fan of landrush starts in UTVs....not everyone can hold their line(seriously, it must be a huge challenge for some), and these cars can climb all over the top of each other's wheels with the right touch at the right place. Can ruin a number of racer's days before the race even starts......
You mean Crandon wasn't exciting enough for you in pro stock? haha.that was a definite case of too many UTV's on the track at a time.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
How long do you want someone to hold their line when the start is 100 ft long into a bottle necked left hand turn thats 25 feet wide?!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
You mean Crandon wasn't exciting enough for you in pro stock? haha.that was a definite case of too many UTV's on the track at a time.
Way too many.....it was a bad idea before it was even considered lol!

Reactions: BLR

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
With Polaris not winning any desert classes, I suspect we will also see a lack of post race coverage too. In the past the post race coverage was paid for by Polaris, not something UTVU just did. That was why they did not cover the none Polaris teams, which was understandable.

I bet if this continues to happen Polaris will be releasing the new XP sooner then later.
give me a break... lol We did a full 2 hour TV show last year, did you miss that too? lol

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Coverage is always a challenge to keep up all day long. Until we can get the funds to also add a legit live broadcast it will be this way. Someone above nailed it for me as personally I do what I can to post non-stop but amongst promoting the event and my boys racing and and and and and and, I can't keep up with the forum.

With that said, you guys do know we have a homepage right???? We posted stories ALL WEEKEND LONG and some were up to the minute.

http://www.utvunderground.com/over-...pionship-powered-by-monster-energy-47387.html

http://utvworldchampionship.com/news/murray-racing-wins-the-inaugural-utvwc-pit-crew-challenge/

http://www.utvunderground.com/utv-world-championship-tech-contingency-day-thrills-47402.html

http://www.utvunderground.com/dalla...-sand-performance-utvwc-youth-race-47462.html

http://www.utvunderground.com/rj-an...ace-wheels-utvwc-short-course-race-47463.html

http://www.utvunderground.com/phil-blurton-wins-the-safecraft-utvwc-desert-race-47464.html

http://utvworldchampionship.com/new...rson-and-gonzalez-win-utv-world-championship/

Those were all posted through the weekend with the final results story being dropped this morning.

With that said, we did post a TON on social media all through the weekend. I know some of you don't go onto social but for us its the most bang for the buck in terms of reach so we spend the most effort there.

Thank you to everyone who attended the event and came up to thank us and to give props. It was an amazing weekend!! We have a ton of content still to come including a Team RZR video and a full UTVWC TV show AGAIN!!

bdk

Jul 28, 2016

Did a little looking today to try to figure out who clipped Shane and I think it was this orange 4533 Rzr turbo in the pic above. I'm pretty sure this pic was taken right after the initial contact with the black X3 and right before the collision with Shane. Can anyone verify? Not trying to call anyone out, I'm just curious.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix

Did a little looking today to try to figure out who clipped Shane and I think it was this orange 4533 Rzr turbo in the pic above. I'm pretty sure this pic was taken right after the initial contact with the black X3 and right before the collision with Shane. Can anyone verify? Not trying to call anyone out, I'm just curious.
Pretty sure that's Piplic....

Reactions: Queen Racing

Double Lr

Mar 8, 2015
Las Vegas
The start is a iffy situation. You have to hold your line but dang. Once you are off course, to me, it's kind of like you have relinquished your line to the people that stayed on course. I like Piplic too, solid racer in WORCS, he has thrown down some epic times. Hell I root for the guy to win. It just sucks to see people's race get ended right at the start like that, no matter who caused it or who crashed.

Man that red x3 sure was pretty, hurts to see it flopping through the air like that....

bdk

Jul 28, 2016
Pretty sure that's Piplic....
That's what I saw when I looked up the number but I saw a post on Facebook claiming it was a relatively inexperienced female driver, neither of which applies to Piplic. My assumption is that Piplic may have let another driver use his Rzr. That being said, Shane seems to be pretty understanding of the whole situation and I respect that. My impression is that he was disappointed but not necessarily angry. From my perspective whomever was driving the rzr caused the wreck owes the drivers of both wrecked X3's an apology in the name of good sportsmanship but on the other hand, if you're going to race aggressively you have to be somewhat prepared for what I feel is inevitable. Clearly I wasn't there and the camera angles are limited so I may be completely wrong, but that's just my opinion

Last edited:

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Guys get over it! It's a racing deal!! What was the person supposed to do? Really?? Because if you lift, you get punched from behind and cause an accordion effect and the guy 5 cars back ends up on his lid because he gets slammed. You keep your foot in it 1 second to long and you might slam the guy in front of you or over shoot the turn. These are open wheel cars. You touch wheels and someone's going for a ride! That's why short course buggy's run side nerf bars.

How wide was the starting line area? How many cars were lined up side by side per row? How many feet to the first turn? How wide was the first turn? How many got shoved off the side of the course? This is a race, and yes everyone wants to make it around the course, but why didn't someone else lift giving the other guy more room? The Red Can Am could have lifted! But he too was racing and like everyone else. Experienced or novice, they are all racing to win.

How about all the broke cars scattered around the course that ended getting hit by racers that could not see them in the dust. That ruined way more racers day, then this one event at the start. Rustfish new Unlimited car got taken out on the first lap. Redlands clipped a broke car just sitting on the course and ripped they whole front left a-arms, spindle, axle, shock etc.. off the car on lap 5.

Maybe putting 100 cars on a 16 miles loop track is part of the problem?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Maybe everyone needs to realize that the race will never be won in the first corner, or even first lap, but can easily be lost.

Sure, 100 cars on a 16 mile loop is a lot but thats not the problem. WAYYYYYYYYYY more cars were broken or destroyed by the drivers and parts themselves due to the brutal course and high speeds then in collisions.

Everyone can make excuses, and of course some are very legitimate reasons as to why they lost, broke or crashed. But in the end this is what racing looks like when you have such big prizes and rewards waiting for you at the top of the podium.

bdk

Jul 28, 2016
I was just curious who all was involved, I am merely a spectator and a fan of S3 racing among many other teams. When I see something good or bad happen to one of the teams I follow It raises my curiosity so I come here for information. This was an unfortunate turn of events, but I think everyone understands that it's just part of racing. I don't see a need to change the format of the race and I don't see anyone claiming foul play.

Reactions: JoeyD23

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
there is a better video on S3 Racing Fb page. someone on the top of a trailer at the first turn.

looks like orange RZR gets wide and climbs up the wall and gets squirrely. when he comes back onto the course his rear tire clips the front tire of the black and gold X3 and flips him. then as he comes off the berm doesnt ever take the second corner and drives straight into Shanes door.

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
This looked like the starts of our WORCS races lol. I was on the first row and didn't have this issue since I left dead last . The start of this race is definitely sketchy but imo it's part the experience of worlds. This was just a unfortunate mishap and it wasn't the first or last time it will happen, when you strap in a race car with 15 people lined up to go into a corner that's wide enough for 3 or 4 you hope the people around you know how to drive and will let up when needed. I passed up 7 people in the first 3 turns that had no clue where they were going only to be drilled from behind when a can am came flying thru the dust and hit my tire directly. It could have easily taken me out of the race but thankfully no damage happened. Overall this was a great race and I can't wait for next year already.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Maybe everyone needs to realize that the race will never be won in the first corner, or even first lap, but can easily be lost.

Sure, 100 cars on a 16 mile loop is a lot but thats not the problem. WAYYYYYYYYYY more cars were broken or destroyed by the drivers and parts themselves due to the brutal course and high speeds then in collisions.

Everyone can make excuses, and of course some are very legitimate reasons as to why they lost, broke or crashed. But in the end this is what racing looks like when you have such big prizes and rewards waiting for you at the top of the podium.
I think that's a hype man trying to justify the obvious to promote the event. Sure everyone goes to see the wrecks at a Nascar race but Nascar has not gone to the point of jumping school buses on the front stretch and jumping through the ring of fire on the back stretch to try and get people to pay attention. Racer safety should be the first and foremost concern, not ticket sales for a land rush start once a year for people who start side by side at every other race in a pill draw format to let any rookie draw a front spot and start up front in a huge horsepower UTV to wreck some one's day finding out you can't buy talent only the car.

Let alone all the rookies knee deep in the dust on an over capacity course 16 mile course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000