Recent content by 450grl

1. 450grl

2019 KOH

I'm super bummed they moved UTVs to Sunday......no matter what the reason is behind it. Oh well....we will still be there, but my excuse for staying partway through the week just went out the window. Now Jason will make us all go home Sunday night and get back to work.....lol!
  2. 450grl

Drivers attacking Drivers at WORCS

WORCS did the right thing - ZERO tolerance for assault during a race! IMO, ZERO tolerance for any type of assault while in the pits during a race as well......that guy had no business being on the course without a helmet on and without being strapped in, had no business impeding an ongoing race...
  3. 450grl

UTV's in Dakar Rally

Just a little background on the pink YXZ....Camille is a tiny woman with pigtails who has raced the Dakar several times, I believe, on a Yamaha Raptor. I would think the YXZ would be a much more comfortable ride for her this year!
  4. 450grl

YAMAHA YXZ1000R DOMINATES IN ARIZONA LUCAS OIL REGIONAL OFF-ROAD SERIES

Hey thanks Joey!! Had a fun year....can't wait for 2018!
  5. 450grl

New BITD Stock Sportsman Rule

KOH is run with stock tanks.....genuinely curious why you feel it's unsafe? A fuel cell isn't that difficult, I put one in my bed last year for V2R with minimal fab....so it's def doable on a budget.
  6. 450grl

New BITD Stock Sportsman Rule

I have been asking for a true Prod class in BITD for a while now!! I hope this is it! No more $80,000 builds - true stock vehicles with only minor mods allowed would be awesome!!
  7. 450grl

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

I didn't see anything on AC's website....so if this is true, they are keeping it a pretty big secret. Do you have a link from AC's website?
  8. 450grl

So who won the UTV Championship?

If there were heat races, or some sort of cap on the number of cars allowed on the course at once, I may have more of an interest in racing this event. As it stands now, it just doesn't seem like a good time to have way too many UTVs on the course at once, terrible visibility and way too much...
  9. 450grl

Way too many.....it was a bad idea before it was even considered lol!
  10. 450grl

I am not a fan of landrush starts in UTVs....not everyone can hold their line(seriously, it must be a huge challenge for some), and these cars can climb all over the top of each other's wheels with the right touch at the right place. Can ruin a number of racer's days before the race even...
  11. 450grl

Can the Yamaha YXZ1000 make the Baja.

It's true Yamaha hasn't put in the effort (racer support wise) that Polaris has for years, and Can Am seems to be doing this past year in the desert. But historically, Yamaha has not had a UTV to compete it until 2016, so they are still coming into their own in regards to UTV racing. They have...
  12. 450grl

It's funny that you are judging the YXZ in the desert based on a few very select videos and instances. Fact is.....I took a basically stock suspended, stock motor, bone stock chassis YXZ and placed 7th in a very competitive class in Vegas to Reno last year. I am not a seasoned desert racer, we...
  13. 450grl

It absolutely can/has/will be......and I also would go 5-speed manual.
  14. 450grl

YAMAHA ANNOUNCES 2017 SIDE-BY-SIDE AND ATV FACTORY-SUPPORTED RACERS

Yamaha is going to be more and more visible on the podium in desert as more Yamahas are built and raced.....I have said from day 1 that the YXZ is a great desert machine, and we are excited to race in a few more races this year ourselves! As for me not being Factory this year, that was my...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000