Recent content by Blue Coyote

1. B

All UTV's Utv long distance ride

Not sure the length of the ride is an issue - compare 4 x 50 mile rides = 200 mile ride. We do desert races that are in the 150 mile range - only stopped for fuel. Speed / course is also a factor - racing places additional stresses vs trail riding. Up keep / maintenance will always be a factor...
  2. B

Electric UTV charging problem

If you suspect a bad battery- suggest contacting Joe at 2nd Life Battery - https://www.2ndlifebattery.com. They are a sponsor of the King of the Kastle Desert 100 UTV race in OR. Joe is a wizard and hybrid type batteries. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. B

Need help

Would ask on minibuggy.net forums. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. B

King of the Kastle - Millican OR - May 2&3 2020

After years of hard work - the King of the Kastle 100 UTV Desert Race is a reality. Being run in Millican OR, it will use part of the historic CODRA course (last run in the 90s). This will be closed course of 5 x 20 mile laps on the picturesque and varying Central Oregon terrain. Besides...
  5. B

Who wants to qualify UTV's for The Mint 400 at King of The Hammers?

Is there going to be UTV qualifying at KOH ?!? - looking at UTV Rally class. Planning on going down to KOH with our Gambler for HooptieX - and needing to know if I need a bigger trailer to also bring the YXZ as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. B

Who wants to qualify UTV's for The Mint 400 at King of The Hammers?

So to clarify? Would qualifying be on the KOH course or a separate course - say the TT track? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Guess you missed it - Talon already finished... Can Am has a huge presence and is doing well. The few YXZ’s are running respectable. Robby is having a brutal day - and it’s only day 3... This like a 2 weeks of races in Baja with no GPS to follow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. B

Best UTV for highway use and daily extended street driving

Would rather buy something from an “old guy” than anything at the auction. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. B

Best UTV for highway use and daily extended street driving

4 seats, road use, 12k - tough mix. My thoughts- YXZ - manual trans, low & stable, good speed capability. Wolverine x4 - good power, 4 seats Honda Pioneer 5 - hood power, 4 seats, but funky bench seat. Teryx4 - 4 seats but not hi speed machine. Old XP’s - can be had in 2 and 4 seat versions-...
  10. B

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

Apple store - Dakar Rally 2019 RDC Dakar Rally Stadium Super Trucks JB Racing Portugal Friends Ricardo Romas Brasil No Dakar 2019 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. B

Dakar 2019 - UTVs

* Green flag on 010719 * >Dakar app is working - lots of cool content >RDC - expecting lots of coverage > DTV - 220 NBCSHD Rally >Dish - 159 >Social Media - tons of content Lots of X3’s, handful of YXZ and XP The XX’s are entered in the Car class - that will spur conversation... With lots...
  12. B

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

Based upon my almost 2 decades of off road experience, and plenty of it involved with kids off road motorsports - my observation is us patents (myself included) are not the flat billed energy drink swilling yahoos often depicted in the internet out takes that are throwing our kids into thunder...
  13. B

New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

My rubber band driven Teryx would pull the front wheels up, as would the MTEG car (musta been the 350cc Honda power). Cool tech and feature- yes. Fear of racing against one - never. Once they come out and get some hours racked up - that will be the proof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. B

RZR 570 Class at the UTV World Championships - 2019

Having experience in kids off road motorsports - bumpers tend to have the opposite effect of there intended use. Skid plates are good - do not recall a stock sxs with out one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. B

New here

For bolt ones: Weller makes a rear one. Krash makes a front one - a hint on installing it - we ground off the powder coat where the clamp goes - also welded on a short piece of 1.75x120 DOM to the frame and butted up to the clamp - though is during a hard hit this will keep the clamp from...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000