Recent content by rico

1. R

2018 BITD Vegas To Reno UTV UPDATES.. Anyone care?

You are aggressive in that the majority of your posts quickly redirect the conversation to your agenda from whatever the main topic started out on. It is a deterrent to my engagement on this forum because your rantings about your agenda are not interesting to me. This is not due to the specific...
  2. R

2018 BITD Vegas To Reno UTV UPDATES.. Anyone care?

Mr. Legacy, The reality is there are multiple reasons why the UTVUG forum is not as busy as it once was. For me personally, your persistent aggressive posts are a deterrent. I visit this forum for industry information, updates from fellow friendly people involved in this sport, and for...
  3. R

1906 DBS Racing Mint 400 Race Report

Great write up. I laughed out loud when you described being hit in the helmet shield and leaving gouges in it. I think I would probably go cross-eyed if I stared at at that for 100 miles. I have been slugged in the shoulder by a baseball sized rock before while co-driving, luckily only at about...
  4. R

#959 Valor Racing 2018 BITD MINT 400 Race Report

Thank you for sharing your race report from the Mint 400, photos and write-up are well done. I am impressed on the great job you guys did putting the car back together after Parker, it looks awesome. It is frustrating when things don't work out in racing, but don't let it get you down. We (960)...
  5. R

Fan wiring question

If I am remembering correctly (if not feel free to straighten me out) that the stock '17 harness uses a spal brushless fan. If this is the case, the fan might use pulse-width modulation (PWM) to control the speed of the fan to limit power consumption. If you are hooking up a non-PWM fan to a...
  6. R

Baja 500 Hydration Zones

What if the car is thirsty? Can it get a drink too at the off-the-clock hydration stop? :) I have heard that in the brutal baja desert many cars become dehydrated and some even die due to it. I think this will really help:D.
  7. R

Desert Racing-Trailing arms, belt and suspension

The answer to your question will probably differ widely based on who responds and what the end goal that you are trying to accomplish (track, wheelbase, weight, cost, etc. etc.) This might be a long shot, but if you can find your way to Laughlin next weekend, it is the UTVWC race. If you came...
  8. R

2017 BITD Parker 250, 918 Cognito Motorsports

The faulty jack is surprising, but sometimes its the random stuff that makes things difficult. Nice write up and great job at the race!
  9. R

2017 BITD MINT 400 DRAW ORDER

What do you mean, UTVWC does have qualifying! It's called land rush start...just don't wreck your 50k desert race car! Not to hijack the thread, but can we at least get the land rush on a radius so the outside cars have a fair chance?
  10. R

2017 CAN-AM MAVERICK X3 MAX SIDE-BY-SIDE VEHICLE FAMILY

I see you in there Mr. Murray...or am I way off?
  11. R

Actually, multiple other BITD classes use the top ten format. Compare the 2017 Parker 425 results with the starting order for the Mint 400. Both class 10 and 6100 trucks are using the top ten method, and I think this has been the standard for a good portion of last year (it would be pretty easy...
  12. R

When Casey made that statement at Parker, I interpreted it to mean the top 10 of each class would be in front of their respective class, with the first finisher to determine which class started first. This is what appears to have taken place. If the top 10 NA cars were in front of all the...
  13. R

#955 Snake Livermash

That's really cool that Livernash was able to right you and still finish in the top 10 for the UTV ProT, nice work guys! And congrats on the podium for 1958! Mr. Felix, I don't think we've met in person, other than the occasional wave as you passed us on course while our battery melted down. I...
  14. R

BWDC RACE REPORT 1965 XPWARRIOR

Excellent write up about the race. I am always impressed to hear about how teams develop different solutions to various challenges, some times Macgyvering their way to the finish. For how short this race is, it seems to be pretty hard on equipment. I suppose the combo of a sprinting pace and the...
  15. R

FEATURE VEHICLE: RED LANDS RACING POLARIS RZR

As a member of the team it is very rewarding to hear your compliments, so thank you! Since the beginning of this project, the car has been in almost constant evolution, which I think makes some people (at times, myself included) scratch their heads and wonder if we have lost our marbles. I...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000