Kawasaki 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4 UTVUnderground BUILD & Long Term Review

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So pumped how the T4 is coming along. The +6 LT is definitely the way to go for me. It looks so bad ass. I got more pics I post tonight but here are a few for now from my phone.

As FYI the car sits at 15" in the front and 14" in the rear. Looks higher in the rear but it's an illusion due to the bed lift and rocker design of the T4.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Well that looks awesome, just needs a cage now.

I am going to call around tomorrow and possibly pick up a T4. Its all your fault Joey that i am going to uy one. I have been trying to hold out for the next best thing but it sucks not having a toy to play with.

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
Lookin good Joey. Who's LT kit is that?

I hear ya Mega, these are definitely lookin like a pretty sweet platform to build on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The kit is a Funco Welcome Duners +6 kit. It is the ONLY +6 long travel kit designed for the Teryx4 at this point (as far as I know of). I have heard a lot of people say they think its too wide, most everyone is developing +5 kits. I personally think it makes the Teryx4 look awesome as I love the wide and aggressive stance it presents. Is it a big UTV? YES, but thats ok for me. I am liking all the variety in the UTV world and I love how this UTV feels and looks. I can't wait to do more with it!

Currently the set up is Funco +6 suspesion with FOX Racing Shox. The kit utilizes Summers Bros axles made just for the Funco kit. The shox are fullt adjustable all the way around (high and low speed compression) there are some other cool things about the shox but I will wait for Fox to fill me in on all the specific terms and details before talking about them at length. We have added our Beard custom Super TZ seats with a custom rear bench seat to match (not pictured). The rear bench is not installed as we are mocking up some things for the rear portion of the cab area for when I only need to have me and one other person. More to come later on that... We have also added the SICKEST 15" UTV wheels on the market made by OMF Peformance wrapped in some awesome looking BFG KM2 (30") tires. Beard harnesses have also been installed along with those cool seats. Wally at Side x Side Outfitterz hooked us up with one of his awesome bed lift kits which really gives the T4 a cool look while adding to the tire clearance which I need and want. We also have a Benchmark Performance ECU re-flash done to raise the revs. In our possession but not yet installed is our XMF rear view mirror and our Muzzys Exhaust.

We still have lots to do!!

Here are some detail pics of where we are so far with it.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thanks SCMO. I love camo, have had a few of them but I always end up changing the color. But thinking of keeping the camo in the theme. Thanks for the props.

For those curious, the kit pulls 15" of travel and is swept 2" back in the rear.

RangerBurger

Jan 23, 2011
Humboldt County
Such a rad build. Must drive like a dream with that suspension. A buddy of mine has those seats in his XP and they are comfy. Sick wheel and tire set up too. You lucky dog.:)

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
looking good

i think you have too many parts for that T4 you can send the rest to me and i will give you an honest opinion of them. haha

loco

Loco Time - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
Placerville, CA
Alright Joey, looks like you have too many UTV's to review, so as a courtesy I will take that T4 off your hands to help you out, LOL.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The build was side tracked a little due to Magnum's work load but fabrication is starting back up and the car WILL be at the SSSS for all to SEE!!! Magnum has promised some next level ideas and fab work so I am pretty excited to see the build wrap up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000