Polaris What does a XP4 need?

valco

Apr 30, 2009
I just picked up a used '12 xp4 900, this platform is new to me as I came from a '09 Teryx. I have the cage, doors, and harnesses handled. What do these machines need to be dez ready?
Any recommendations on shock settings, filtration, lighting, ect..?
Is the stock battery & filter element acceptable?
Most of my riding is in Ocotillo, JV, & Barstow. Im also am looking for a rear bench to sit 3 kids.

Thanks!

valco

Apr 30, 2009
Do these things have issues with the air box sealing?

Are the factory shocks junk, so they need to be replaced?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Stock XP shocks suck....Our fox 2.5 set up is the way to go. Nice smooth ride when your crusing and race car handling when you are hard on it. :)

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
What sucks about them, valving?
Actually nothing sucks about them. If you are bottoming, then just adjust the clickers up until they stop bottoming. Yes needle shocks are great, but there is no reason to junk your current shocks. Trust yourself and work the clickers. If YOU can't make the shocks work then go for help.

fastjesse

Sep 17, 2012
What sucks about them, valving?
The valving isn't great, but the Walker Evans shocks can be revalved to your driving style and the type of terrain you ride in. Brian at Walker can definitely make them work better than they do straight from Polaris. It just depends on your budget and how fast you want to go. If you want the baddest of the bad then the Cognito 2.5 or Walker needles are the way to go. Something I did to my XP4 and think really helped the car out was the Racer Tech rocker gussets.
http://www.goracertech.com/rzr-xp4-900-rocker-panel-gussets.html

Give Twisted Stitch a look as far as bench seats go. I run their seats front and rear and love them. Good luck and hopefully you enjoy your XP4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000