Looking to get into Racing...Need Help!

Maverico

Jul 14, 2015
Hi guys, I've had my 2014 can-am maverick for about a year now and I've driven it a lot (mainly on dirt fire roads and trails, because I live on a ranch) and I feel that racing it would be a lot of fun but don't know where to start, and I have a lot of questions. To make it easy I'll just list them below

1) even if I compete in stock class will I have to modify my maverick's roll bar or anything else on it?
2) which type of racing do you think would be best for beginners (and which would be the cheapest)
3)Which circuit would be the best to race in?
4) roughly how much would it cost to get my Maverick race ready?
5)To compete does age matter, because I'm 16 and I have my license

I'm really new to this so my questions are probably really stupid but thanks in advance!

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I live in Roseville and there's a couple of my buddies that race around here.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
There's also the pure series and NorCal rock racing. If you really wanna jump in, the next BITD race is about a month away....

Maverico

Jul 14, 2015
The Vegas to Reno race? that's over 500 miles. It sounds fun, but doesn't sound like the race for a bone stock maverick and a beginner driver.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Nor cal rock racing is going to be your best bet around here. It's at prairie city

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
Pure desert series in California city this Saturday night... 150 miles in the dark! Good grass roots series to start in for sure... Race my maverick all last year in this series and it was pretty stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverico

Jul 14, 2015
Ok, so pure racing series and NorCal rock racing. Sounds good. If I enter in both of these how many races are there in a year? Are the races seasonal? Or all year round?

bounty hunter

Nov 9, 2014
there is a local xc series in nor cal that has a SxS class, next race is at praire city in september. check them out on facebook, sorra (sierra off road riders association) or their website sorraatvracing.com great family atmosphere, and they hold their races at some really nice private areas in nor cal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000