Racer Tech / Logan Gastel's New BITD Maverick XDS Build - Custom Tube Chassis

Andy@Racer Tech

Racer Tech - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jun 2, 2010
Holland, MI
Just got this pic from Logan. The car is our west and they're thrashing away on getting it put together. They added some tubes to start mounting up the steering and welded in our front bumper base mount to make the front of the chassis even more rigid.

Motor should be in soon, fuel cell is designed and ordered and seats are getting mounted next!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Hi Logan. Glad to see that you ( or Andy) welded a spreader bar tying in the front lower frame rails. It makes for a maintenance p.i.t.a. while servicing the front diff, but is mandatory for durability in open desert racing while bashing into washouts and the like. Congratulations on your purpose built racecar!
Also, a fantastic job on the spaceframe Andy. Your work is top notch. For the record, you had my vote on trying to sell Marc on your services for his Polaris efforts. I had then, and do now, total faith in your shop, and the dedication you put forth. You are obviously committed to excellence! Just curious, are all 4 of the upper shock mounts in the stock location?

Andy@Racer Tech

Jun 2, 2010
Holland, MI
Thanks Reid! This means a lot coming from someone with your experience! We are definitely committed to our craft here and glad it shows. It's OK about Marc too.. We've got plenty of irons in the fire this year anyways. Maybe next time.

This car uses OEM upper shock mount locations in the front but the rear is completely changed. We've gone away from the strange-ass geometry Can Am uses to a much better straight cycle like the true A-arm this system really is. We did it on Logan's last car and it made a night and day difference in handling and driveability over the previous companies LT kit he had on there which was matching OEM geometry.

The reason why there's two mounts on the rear (which I'm sure you've already noticed) is because I set the first kit up to use OEM length shocks so we can see what they can do. But knowing I'm not a fan of that leverage ratio for a race car we also designed another kit that uses longer stroke shocks so we have a back up plan for later. In the end, we'll release a bolt-on LT kit to the market using OEM length shocks and it will be great for the public and we'll have proven it out on our race car. But the race car will most likely end up with something a little more special and I suppose we could sell that option too if someone wanted to pay for it...

Thanks again!

Andy@Racer Tech

Jun 2, 2010
Holland, MI
Here's some shots of our new LT kit he'll be running on this car. I think we'll sell a version of this to the public soon too.

Andy@Racer Tech

Jun 2, 2010
Holland, MI
Gastel Racing's is really burning the candle at both ends to get this car done! This pic was from 3am yesterday on it's way to get wrapped.

Andy@Racer Tech

Jun 2, 2010
Holland, MI
Well, it was quite a scramble to get his car done in time for V2R and they were literally finishing some wiring on the car at the start line... But Logan took 9th in class with this brand new car and managed to get bumped up to 6th in the points race for the championship! The new chassis and LT kit worked flawlessly and he said we should start selling the arm kits NOW it's so good!

Here's a few shots were were able to salvage after all was said and done. Hoping to get some more pics soon after the car gets all cleaned back up.

Reactions: HardcoreAK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000