2012 t4 help

Ryanmatthew1

Aug 28, 2013

Starts and idles perfect , I've changed out pretty much everything major, fuel pump filter plugs ect ect running on both cylinders and the parking brake isn't pulled, I've had about a year long problem that I can't seem to fix, need some help. The machine starts up and idles perfect, it stalls out in high at 5mph and in low at 2 mph , bounces off rev limiter I'm neutral, desperately hoping someone sees this that has had this problem so I can fix it finally lol

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
My initial guess is you speed sensor is either bad, unplugged or damaged.

What does it do when you rev it up in neutral? If it is fine in neutral but not in gear look at trying a speed sensor.

Is your ECU reflashed?

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
It really sounds like the E Brake sensor is causing this. I would inspect the E Brake mechanism thoroughly for debris. Even if the E Brake is ever so slightly ajar from its resting point, it will cause this behavior. Check it out. Maybe gas cap is defective or cracked. Bad gas caps cause this with newer cars??

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Nice looking rig.

I would think a sensor is your problem as well, maybe try and find a buddy with another stock ecu and swap, try it, could be something funky in the ecu as well, looks like you do mud ridding or water crossings with the way your set up, could have gotten water into something.

No noise coming from the transmission right? like the belt isn't bound up or tranny broke and locked out causing it to stall, i am assuming not but just asking.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
That team green guy, might know a bit or two about that green brand... from the top to the bottom.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
If you cant figure it out, bite the bullet and take it into the dealer or shop you trust. Dont lose more riding time because of it. Trust me I just went through this with a little 1986 Lt50 quad. My daughter lost 3 trips worth of riding last season because we could not figure out why it would not run under a load. Because of its age no dealer would look at it, but I was suggested a shop that does work on older stuff. It was sort of embarrassing as this little quad is so simple, simpler then most lawn mowers.

Well $128 later is runs awesome! First trip out was this Thanksgiving and she rode the crap out of it! It was worth the $128 to see her happy riding again.

Reactions: ROTAX

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
A friend was having issues with his 2012 T4 running. He removed the Idle Control Box and cleaned it out. It was packed full of dirt and dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryanmatthew1

Aug 28, 2013
No water , tires and rims been on for a year and maybe have a mile on them lol, gas cap looks good, I work out of town so I haven't been able to check the speed sensor, I have a notebook I'm writing this stuff down in and I also have full service manual so I'll write down the voltage specs and what not but I have also tried to readjust the parking brake, it actually does something different if I pull the parking brake

Ryanmatthew1

Aug 28, 2013
Not exactly sure what the muffler bearing isolator is but I'll read into it... I'm not a shabby mechanic myself but I definitely can't locate this problem lol

Ryanmatthew1

Aug 28, 2013
And that's the thing I have no dealer close nor do I know any small shops that work on these things lol or I would have done carried it, I have a friend that works at our local Honda shop that sells these and fixes things , they had it 2 months and couldn't figure it out lol

Ryanmatthew1

Aug 28, 2013
Ok I checked the tps first , the tps ohms out within spec voltage but it seems that I'm not getting power to my tps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000