Rear ights

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
So...

What rear light setup are most running ?

Im not wanting the RLB..

I have some Blue, Amber, and Red duallys.

I noticed in some of the videos that most are flashing the blue and possible an Amber ?

Ive got a couple Red cubes Im gonna run for brake lights now.

What works best ? Strobe an Amber and a Blue. Just strobe the Blue.
2 Blue and Amber and strobe 1 of each ?

Discuss.
Besides getting out of the way or adding a turbo what is best at keeping faster vehicles from running into me in the desert.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Pulling to the side of the track when you see them in the rear view mirror is the best way!

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
The Baja designs lights do work fantastic and I would recommend them highly, the reason for avoiding some of the china light bars are that even thou they might be "legal" they are not very bright and when racing with much heavier and faster cars on the same course you really want to be seen.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
BITD rules require
1)solid blue,
2)solid amber,
3)flashing blue (kc light)
4)flashing amber,
5)red running lights
6)red brake lights
All of them have to come on with the IGN and can not be on a switch

Aztec1382

Oct 24, 2015
Already wired and installed
Its cool
Im going to buy some blm stickers for my doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simi Dude

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
BITD rules require
1)solid blue,
2)solid amber,
4)flashing amber,
5)red running lights
6)red brake lights
That's racer stuff....Can't have a blue light on a recreation car on BLM land. ( emergency vehicles only )

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I cant speak for all BLM land but i know in Glamis they have pulled people over before that have red, white and blue whips because the red and blue swinging next to each other looked like an emergency vehicle.

The blue flashing light bar with brake lights next to it would definitely look like an emergency vehicle and i would expect to get pulled over if i ran it in Glamis on a big weekend.

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
BITD rules require
1)solid blue,
2)solid amber,
4)flashing amber,
5)red running lights
6)red brake lights
Thanks man...
Im assuming they require this combo because it works...

Im not using a chinese light bar. I have good bright lights.

Current setup is a flashing Amber/Blue. 1 Solid Amber. 2 Red Brake lights.

Im walking the line of way too much rear lighting for any recreational use and not enough for racing...

Im not concerned with the laws in CA.
The once every couple years I go to Glamis or Dumont I'll unplug the blues.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Yea, the race promoters keep adding more rear light requirments for safety reasons. It is getting kind of crazy, but having raced many miles in big cars it is nice to see the blue flashing light and know that the car you are catching in the dust is a much slower car. And you can act accordingly.

RLBStore.com

Jul 17, 2015
California
www.RLBStore.com
Hi Guys,

In fact blue are illegal on many states, that's why we have released other strobe color options like: white, amber or green. Blue are intended for racing or show only. All the functions in our RLB are separate wired, then you can turn on/off the blue lights (strobe lights) when you need it (for example). Our Rear Light Bar's are pretty bright at decent cost, we have two different versions:

Classic Style:
36 inch have 8 blocks of LED's with 4 LED's each block.

New Style:
36 inch have 6 blocks of LED's with 6 LED's each block. Tail and Brake are in the same block of LED's (tail is less brigther than brake). Improved optics.

All our RLB's (except 17") have Brake, Tail, Strobes and Constant Lights.

We have tested it on SCORE (Baja 500, Baja 1000), BITD, KOH and other international races (some races like B500 or B1000 spent 10-20 hours non-stop). We have compared with some of the common "oval" LED lights and new style is about 3X times brighter than some "oval" led lights.

For racing we recommend version 1 or version 4 (they have combo blue/amber constant and blue/amber strobe lights).

https://www.rlbstore.com/store/?subsubmenuid=41&subsubmenuname=Blue and Amber Combo Strobes

We can make custom setups too, you need to contact us first.

If you have any questions you can send us an email to [email protected] or a PM here in the forum.

Thank you!!

Attachments

Aztec1382

Oct 24, 2015
This is the best customer service
I highly recommend the light bar
Really bright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simi Dude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics