///AIRDAM Clutches is heading out west again

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
airdam-2016-UTV-World-Championship-SQUARE-Social_media.jpg

We will be out at the UTV World Championship this upcoming week!! We plan to be there from Tuesday thru the weekend doing sales installs and tuning. We have worked out an awesome deal with the promoters of this huge event and we will be able to test the machines out on a part of the course. We WILL be doing tons of testing with some of our customers and new builds that will be debuted at the World Championship as well as a few others that have called ahead to make an appointment to get their machine dialed in. Please if you are interested in setting up a time or appointment to have your clutch looked at or gone thru or need new parts and tuning please send me an email and i will chat with you about your options and such before this next week. If you would like to set up something concrete send me an email with what you have and what you want to do with it. I plan to work non stop the entire week on racers machines for the Desert race as well as the Short Course race. We work extensively with many BITD and Score teams and are very proud of the accomplishments we have been able to help our customers achieve. We rule the cross country racing back east, its commonplace to have the Pro GNCC class winners 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place all together running our stuff. As well as many of the other smaller series races it is common for our customers to be 1st thru 5th place at any event. When it comes to racing we specialize it making fast people even faster. If i can help you out this coming week please feel free to drop me an email i will be glad to hear from you and see what we can come up with!!

[email protected]

Airdam Logo reverse.jpg

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I'm going to want your setup for a XP turbo running 32 inch tires with a bully dog tuner. I was running it hard today and in four-wheel-drive going up a hill it's only pulling mid 7000 RPMs. Two wheel drive going up a SandHill it's running about 8400 RPM. And then on the flats, in two wheel drive, going about 50 miles an hour and I hit the throttle real hard and I can feel the belt slip pretty bad. I guess there is a chance that it was the rear tires spinning. But I would think I would know if they were. I guess I should have somebody watch the car and tell me if the tires spin out like crazy or not. But I'm pretty sure it's just that week primary spring.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
That's belt slip. The primary Upshifts so fast that it buries the belt in the bottom of the secondary so fast and there isn't enough belt pinch to adequately hold the belt tight. I am finalizing calibrations with my new primary cover and weights this week and I should have you a solid setup with the proper primary and secondary springs and weights soon.

The reason your rpm are so low in 4wd is because the clutch is upshifting too fast and bogging the motor down. I can fix that problem for you. With the proper spring rates the clutch won't upshift too fast, keeping you in the right gear ratio, so that you'll run the proper rpm on flat ground and on hill climbs.

Reactions: Glamisfan

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
yeah buddy we will have quite a few out there. planning on getting them lined out with customers out there and testing to make sure we get all the calibrations perfect. i had the prototype on Burnetts car and i think i pretty well got it figured out before Parker. i built a few new helix for it afterwards and now i think its going to be golden!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000