30" Tensor Regulators
Walker Evans Walker Links
Dragonfire 4 point 3" harnesses
Holz Racing trailing arm guards
Holz radius rods
Rear Light Bar 36" Chase Light Bar
Grant suede wheel with Grant quick release

So clean

Got it dirty then I noticed a few things i had to address. I pulled off some of the stickers and it came out with a much cleaner look.

Kept the "RZR" for now.

Had to do away with these obnoxious interior parts.

Pulled off the warning stickers too. Came out nice.

It bothers me that the exhaust comes raw. Had to fix that while I could.

This is only my 2nd RZR and I don't know much about the 1000's, any must do mods? Hope to get a little more pep out of it, but nothing crazy.

Have a fire extinguisher mounted in it, tools, maybe grab an extra belt too? I've been an off-roader for my whole life. Dirtbikes, trucks, but UTVs seem to be the best of everything in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyD23

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
A clean rzr is a happy rzr

Got a puncture in my rear tire the other day. And another one Sunday. Other side rear tire. Which is kinda odd because I've had good luck with the big horns so far. Oh well. I carry a tire plug kit and an air pump with me. Me and my buddy who was riding with me were pretty far from the truck so when I noticed I had a leak we just motored back and loaded the rzr up.

Makes me think of getting new tires and wheels....

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
I just adjusted the suspension after a few rides. The rear was super soft. And it is rather tippy with the rear end being so high. So I decided to change it a little.

I adjusted the front end up 1/2" and the rear down 1/2". That's the settled ride height. The vehicle is still new to it will settle a little more.

for the front I adjusted the preload on the coilovers up 1/4". So the spring is effectively 1/4" shorter when the vehicle is lifted off the ground.

For the rear I reduced the preload on the spring by 5 turns of the coilovers ring.

Also I changed the damping. The rear was set all the way soft from factory. It bottomed out too easily, and now with the reduced preload in the rear, it will be pretty soft. I bumped up the damping 10 clicks harder from the softest setting.

On the front I adjusted the damping 8 clicks harder from the softest setting. It made a significant difference jouncing the machine by hand.

Also the ride height looks better being closer to level. I'm getting a new cage so I will see how I like the look and handling of it with the new cage and suspension settings.

Pre adjustment

Post adjustment

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
I found the new ride was very stable. I may have to take 2 clicks off the rear damping and make it a hair bit softer. It's a little harsh on low speed bumps. But it stayed flatter in corners and works well.

So things are starting to take place....

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada

Test fitting the bumper. Fits amazing. Can't wait to paint it.

The cage will be taking shape courtesy of a local welding pro.

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
Cagewrx Super Shorty, Cagewrx front bumper.

Dzus fasteners work well on the Cagewrx roof kit.

Harnesses in

Out and about today

Ride height appears to be about right. Drags the rear end a little more over stuff but I should get skid plates anyway.

I need new tires. These tires just don't cut it for what I do. A lot of high speed stuff mixed in with sharp rocks and I go over that also pretty fast.

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada

Mounted the extinguisher on the new cage.

Need to sell my rzr s 800, then I can buy new wheels and tires.

Looking into tensor regulators in the 30" variety, and method 401 beadlocks in 14x7 4+3. Need a little more width on this hog. And tires that don't just leak every time I go out haha

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Nice looking rig. I have always liked the cagewrx front bumpers.

If your looking into wheels and tires being as you mentioned corner feel and etc earlier you might look into getting a 5/2 wheel not a 4/3.

There was a thread posted by ShockTherapy awhile back that is probably worth a read. Explained a lot about different wheel offsets and testing they did.

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
Thanks fellas.

Nice looking rig. I have always liked the cagewrx front bumpers.

If your looking into wheels and tires being as you mentioned corner feel and etc earlier you might look into getting a 5/2 wheel not a 4/3.

There was a thread posted by ShockTherapy awhile back that is probably worth a read. Explained a lot about different wheel offsets and testing they did.

I found that thread. Interesting read. Thanks for pointing to out to me. I may be better off with a 5+2.

Last edited:

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I wanted to get 5+2 after reading that article, but really wanted more width. I got a great deal on 4+3, and I couldn't be happier with them! I'd recommend 4+3 to anyone who wants a little more width for stability.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I run the 4/3 as well because i got a deal on them that i couldn't pass up, but they definitely changed the handling some. It pushes more in the corners and doesn't quite have that grip and rip feeling in the turn where you know you are planted and pulling really hard with the weight loaded to the outside of the vehicle. It does feel nice, wide and very stable, no feeling of rolling even in hard cornering, i didn't notice any extra feed back in thesteering wheel or struggle to turn it at all either.

Just something i thought i would bring to your attention since you mentioned setting the suspension to corner better and etc...

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
I want a nice corner feel. I do a lot of high speed driving, turns at speed, some drifting here and there too. though some of it is smooth, I want the eps to do its job and take out some of the harshness from slamming over bumps. I guess if I want wider, I can get long travel.

What would you guys recommend for skid plates? Since lowering the rest of the rzr and adjusts the suspension, though it feels great, I'm dragging the rear end sometimes when landing from bumps and jumps. Sometimes bottom in four the front and rear on rocks

Last edited:

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
I sold the 800s!

So I ordered some goodies.

Here's sneak peak...

Ok here's more than a sneak peak.

Had the roof and front bumper skid plate wrapped in black. Guess we'll see how it holds up

And there's more coming...

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Love how that cage turned out. I can't believe they can sell those for such a good price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrawlerJamie

May 21, 2016
Canada
I went with 5+2. Will give me another inch of width over stock on each side. I read the stock wheels are +1. And after reading the shock therapy thread, I decided 5+2 was best for me.

Using the wheels is one way to make the vehicle wider, but it's not the best way. If I one day decide I need much more width, I found a nice long travel kit. But that's not for a while.

Tires should come today!

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I went with 5+2. Will give me another inch of width over stock on each side. I read the stock wheels are +1. And after reading the shock therapy thread, I decided 5+2 was best for me.

Using the wheels is one way to make the vehicle wider, but it's not the best way. If I one day decide I need much more width, I found a nice long travel kit. But that's not for a while.

Tires should come today!
Stock front wheels 5+1 and the rears are 6.5+1.5.

I went with 5+2s as well after reading the Shock Therapy article. What tires did you get?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000