XTREME SKAT-TRAK NEW TIRE UNVEIL AT THE SSSS X3

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Yeah that's exactly what he said. Lol. His wife no longer likes us. Dude your not as fast as you think you are. Lol. You were Hauling Ass when we passed you.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
Oh I'm sure you're the fastest guy in the dunes. I'm truly humbled by your presence..
I'll give you one thing you have the best excuses ever.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
For the record, my STU's on Hipers have not leaked since I mounted them a couple of years ago....
He likes to exaggerate.. this whole thread is about tires that don't exist and probably won't ever exist.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
It's past your bed time. Get your Yoda panties on and go nigh nigh.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
My STUs have never leaked either....assuming you are just talking about comp cut STUs which are known for leaking?

Also, the 28" Blaster are significantly larger than the stock 29" Bighorns and last season I had no issues hitting the bottom of my car at full bump.

I am hoping to get lined up with guy this season that said he would let me run his 30/13s for a ride. Still very curious to try them.

I don't really care what's faster, I prefer to be in 2wd because I have more fun. I don't seem to have any trouble driving away from a couple of the guys that run 4wd in our group. One of them even has 30/11 Warlocks.

I was told that 7 lbs of tire weight was equal to one HP. If that is the case, that means that you lose less than 1HP from 30/13s to STUs. That of course is with the wheels being equal. I disagree that STUs need need beadlocks.

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
Man I am so confused.......... xy & Z = roll out QW & R = height AB & C = tire size. I think that's the reason I sent them Skats back to Tim. When I listen to Tim's expert opinion on running 28" Skats on my XP4 1000, I went with it instead of going with my gut on 30". Tim told me I would be faster or just as fast as a two seater (I think I saw a post here saying I needed height) Had I ordered the 30" I would probably still have them today. My XP4 1000 looked like a body builder that only worked his upper body and not his legs. I did talk to a guy named Dave and he made me, Happy Happy Happy

I am sure if I was racing I would be looking for the most reliable and fastest paddle out there. I dune for fun and when I am dunning with stock 1000's we run together meaning no one runs off and leaves me, Skats, Stu's, Strippers, Slingers etc. Yes, if I was running with turbo's I cant compete (don't give me some bullshit saying I could compete if I had Skats).

I am not trying to diss. Skats, like I said if I was recommended the right ones to begin with I would probably still have them today.

One thing I did understand was a challenge.

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Man I am so confused.......... xy & Z = roll out QW & R = height AB & C = tire size. I think that's the reason I sent them Skats back to Tim. When I listen to Tim's expert opinion on running 28" Skats on my XP4 1000, I went with it instead of going with my gut on 30". Tim told me I would be faster or just as fast as a two seater (I think I saw a post here saying I needed height) Had I ordered the 30" I would probably still have them today. My XP4 1000 looked like a body builder that only worked his upper body and not his legs. I did talk to a guy named Dave and he made me, Happy Happy Happy

I am sure if I was racing I would be looking for the most reliable and fastest paddle out there. I dune for fun and when I am dunning with stock 1000's we run together meaning no one runs off and leaves me, Skats, Stu's, Strippers, Slingers etc. Yes, if I was running with turbo's I cant compete (don't give me some bullshit saying I could compete if I had Skats).

I am not trying to diss. Skats, like I said if I was recommended the right ones to begin with I would probably still have them today.

One thing I did understand was a challenge.
It's probably what he had in stock at the time. Seen that with a few ppl.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Personally, I feel there are lots good options out there. Even the budget paddles like GMZs seem to get the job done fine.

I think properly tuned clutch will make a much bigger difference than Skats vs STUs.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I guess that's good business.
Not in you want repeat customers. lol

Last time I talked to Tim he was pushing for me to get the 30/11s. After a 20 min conversation, I got him to admit that the 30/13s would be better if I was mostly concerned about soft dunes off the beaten path out by China Wall. He seems to set most people up for the hill and the drags. I could care less about that.

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
My STUs have never leaked either....assuming you are just talking about comp cut STUs which are known for leaking?

Also, the 28" Blaster are significantly larger than the stock 29" Bighorns and last season I had no issues hitting the bottom of my car at full bump.

I am hoping to get lined up with guy this season that said he would let me run his 30/13s for a ride. Still very curious to try them.

I don't really care what's faster, I prefer to be in 2wd because I have more fun. I don't seem to have any trouble driving away from a couple of the guys that run 4wd in our group. One of them even has 30/11 Warlocks.

I was told that 7 lbs of tire weight was equal to one HP. If that is the case, that means that you lose less than 1HP from 30/13s to STUs. That of course is with the wheels being equal. I disagree that STUs need need beadlocks.
7lbs to 1hp that's good to know. Maybe I'll take my RZR to Kelly and get an exact# just need a heavier set of tires where everything else is equal.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
The bottom line for good performing dune set up you need flotation flotation flotation. A nice 10" wide rim in the rear and 8" rim in the front will spread out the tire for flotation.

My friend ran the XL GMZ tires and it did fine. He was not going to win any drag races, but he was in a 4 seater anyway. They just threw up a ton of sand and nobody wanted to follow him.

The skinner rimed skats dig and then take off. The wider set ups don't dig as much.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
7lbs to 1hp that's good to know. Maybe I'll take my RZR to Kelly and get an exact# just need a heavier set of tires where everything else is equal.

Just what I was told....don't take that as gospel. lol

It would be interesting to run some different dirt tires on a dyno to see.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
The bottom line for good performing dune set up you need flotation flotation flotation. A nice 10" wide rim in the rear and 8" rim in the front will spread out the tire for flotation.

My friend ran the XL GMZ tires and it did fine. He was not going to win any drag races, but he was in a 4 seater anyway. They just threw up a ton of sand and nobody wanted to follow him.

The skinner rimed skats dig and then take off. The wider set ups don't dig as much.
Once you are on top and doing 50 plus I can see how the smaller contact patch of the 30/11 Skat would be faster but I rarely break the 50 mph mark duning.

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
Just what I was told....don't take that as gospel. lol

It would be interesting to run some different dirt tires on a dyno to see.
I need to figure out which tires to use and I'll call Kelly and check pricing to just do a few pulls

Reactions: Rynomx785

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
You could run my tires and then yours. My 401/Ultracross setup should weigh 49-50 lbs.
Need 2 sets identical size just different weight. A set of really light rims vs heavy with the same tire would be perfect.

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
I've heard as low as 2-3lbs./hp of rotating mass vs. 17lbs./hp of chassis weight, but obviously just hearsay. Definitely be cool to see some dyno runs. Maybe Nate or someone else who's done tons of dyno pulls has tested it and can chime in.

Duner2

Jun 24, 2014
I've heard as low as 2-3lbs./hp of rotating mass vs. 17lbs./hp of chassis weight, but obviously just hearsay. Definitely be cool to see some dyno runs. Maybe Nate or someone else who's done tons of dyno pulls has tested it and can chime in.
Even at that ratio the heavier tires are only eating 4 or 5 hp total. I think the handling characteristics are far more important then 5 hp

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
So Tim tells me last night that the New 15" molds were setup and a few sample Tires were made. He said they came out very nice and Light weight. So he might just start making some for people that want to run the 15s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000