X-3 demo ride review

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
So I've been asked about the difference between the xrs and xds.

If I gave the two cars and the xpt a number between 1-10, the xrs would of course be a 10! It is by far the best stock sxs that money can buy.

I'm trying to figure where to put the xpt. The xrs is more then twice as good then the xpt. And I'm not talking power. They are very similar.

I'm talking smooth ride, confidence, and ability to hit unreal, nasty gnarly whoops, square edges, g outs, etc. I'm also talking about how I felt as a driver in each. That goes back to the confidence each car gives you.

The xpt.........ill give a 4
The xds...................a 5.5

My xpt is a great sxs, not counting the recalls. It is fast, the internal bypass shocks work really well. Rides smooth.

The xds has a longer wheelbase which makes it ride much better then the xpt through the whoops. It has true dual rate springs with crossover nuts. The xpt has fully compressed upper springs and no crossover. Xds has h/l comp and rebound adjustment, xpt only has comp.
side note: I have my xpt shocks are adjusted all the way out all in the back (soft), and two clicks from all the way in in the front (stiff) because the rear springs are too stiff and the front are too soft.

Ok, back to the x3 xrs. It is in a class of its own. By a long shot. You feel like you're in a buggy. I'd think it is what those rock bouncers would feel like. I can't wait to drive one again Halloween weekend at Glamis. Even if it's just for 10 minutes. I'm Jones'n bad!!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
So I've been asked about the difference between the xrs and xds.

If I gave the two cars and the xpt a number between 1-10, the xrs would of course be a 10! It is by far the best stock sxs that money can buy.

I'm trying to figure where to put the xpt. The xrs is more then twice as good then the xpt. And I'm not talking power. They are very similar.

I'm talking smooth ride, confidence, and ability to hit unreal, nasty gnarly whoops, square edges, g outs, etc. I'm also talking about how I felt as a driver in each. That goes back to the confidence each car gives you.

The xpt.........ill give a 4
The xds...................a 5.5

My xpt is a great sxs, not counting the recalls. It is fast, the internal bypass shocks work really well. Rides smooth.

The xds has a longer wheelbase which makes it ride much better then the xpt through the whoops. It has true dual rate springs with crossover nuts. The xpt has fully compressed upper springs and no crossover. Xds has h/l comp and rebound adjustment, xpt only has comp.
side note: I have my xpt shocks are adjusted all the way out all in the back (soft), and two clicks from all the way in in the front (stiff) because the rear springs are too stiff and the front are too soft.

Ok, back to the x3 xrs. It is in a class of its own. By a long shot. You feel like you're in a buggy. I'd think it is what those rock bouncers would feel like. I can't wait to drive one again Halloween weekend at Glamis. Even if it's just for 10 minutes. I'm Jones'n bad!!

I wasn't kidding when I said it was a Bad Muther when I tested them all out in the desert. I was just blown away by how Fricking Awesome that 72" Black Momba Handles.

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
The XRS packs a lot for the price. Well worth it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In all honesty though it is crazy to think of what prices used to be with the rhino and now even base prices for the XRS that is fully Decked Out.

edit, I guess there were tons of people out there that spent $12,000 on a rhino and another 20,000 in accessories over time

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Think of it this way. Most put 30,000 into a rhino to get half the suspension, less wheelbase by 24" and 1/8 the power.

Now you get a complete car with 154hp and you only have to add harnesses.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Well my current maverick is +4 long travel which puts it at 72" wide with stock rims. When I put my sand setup on I'm at 74"-76" wide.
I have a wide body XLR 380 AMP toyhauler and my car fits no problem. I can even open the door after I drive it in and get out of it

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
Well my current maverick is +4 long travel which puts it at 72" wide with stock rims. When I put my sand setup on I'm at 74"-76" wide.
I have a wide body XLR 380 AMP toyhauler and my car fits no problem. I can even open the door after I drive it in and get out of it
I was trying to talk myself out of one...............your no help.:eek:

Reactions: Simi Dude

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Think of it this way. Most put 30,000 into a rhino to get half the suspension, less wheelbase by 24" and 1/8 the power.

Now you get a complete car with 154hp and you only have to add harnesses.

Back in the day that 30k would be like 40k now. and a whopping 30HP.

Reactions: sand shark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000