#955 Snake Livermash

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I think it's worth mentioning when people exhibit extraordinary sportsmanship especially when they don't have to and it costs them. That was the case on lap 3 at Parker. We were in second place about 10 mi from the finish and broke a steering bolt and rolled onto our side blocking the course. Our race was essentially over. Cars were dodging all around us but these guys stopped and got out to help us push the car but to no avail. They could have got back in and just took off but they turned the car around and I connected the strap and they pulled us over. I know they didn't really want to and were obviously in a hurry but they did anyway. That cost them at least one position probably two. They saved our race we finished 3rd on the podium instead of who knows how far back otherwise.

Just outstanding sportsmanship right there and thank you doesn't seem enough but I hope you guys have a great season and the Karma is with you.

George Felix 1958

rico

Oct 16, 2014
Lehi, UT
That's really cool that Livernash was able to right you and still finish in the top 10 for the UTV ProT, nice work guys! And congrats on the podium for 1958!

Mr. Felix, I don't think we've met in person, other than the occasional wave as you passed us on course while our battery melted down. I think you're a character/cool guy, so don't take this personal because I'm not picking on you...but how many times now during a race has your car ended up in an orientation other than wheels down? :D

Reactions: george.felix

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
I can only imagine the realization your team had the few days following the race on how big of a deal it was that #955 helped you back on your feet.
Our race team says "we were only a good Samaritan" away from a podium as we finished right behind you in 4th. My only solace is that one day I might need that good Samaritan! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: george.felix

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
That's really cool that Livernash was able to right you and still finish in the top 10 for the UTV ProT, nice work guys! And congrats on the podium for 1958!

Mr. Felix, I don't think we've met in person, other than the occasional wave as you passed us on course while our battery melted down. I think you're a character/cool guy, so don't take this personal because I'm not picking on you...but how many times now during a race has your car ended up in an orientation other than wheels down? :D
Haha! A well earned reputation indeed. The number seems high because we rolled 4 times our first race V2r and still finished with Casey asleep in a chair had to be awaken to give us our pins. We just thought rolling was normal after that. I want to say 7 times the gyro went out including that first race. Not that it matters but 5 times was with OEM travel and all but 2 times was at high speed flat silty road. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting too many more. When the tie rod came off the wheel pulled us over a 2' berm and was no way to save it.

Yeah normally pretty busy at the races but we've added some strength to our bench so hopefully can get out more. It would be great to meet everyone especially the 1900 class. I think it will be a fun year with new racers and a fresh start. See y'all at the Mint.....get your registration in early!

Racerx1994

Sep 25, 2015
Thanks George, we appreciate the shout out. Hope you have a great season and see you at the mint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000