Can-AM is launching a 4 seat Maverick X3

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Great looking SXS, Thats something you dont here that much Ha ha. This is heading in the right direction. Well except for the price tag....

Reactions: JoeyD23

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Just for reference; Alumicraft 4,seat prerun buggy. LS engine, Mendeola trans, 35" tires with 22-23 inches of travel has a 134" wheelbase. The new Can Am Max WB is 1 inch longer then a big Alumicraft prerunners.

buckwild

Feb 3, 2017
san diego
Just for reference; Alumicraft 4,seat prerun buggy. LS engine, Mendeola trans, 35" tires with 22-23 inches of travel has a 134" wheelbase. The new Can Am Max WB is 1 inch longer then a big Alumicraft prerunners.
That's a big car only having 150 horsepower☹

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Wow! The Can Am is only missing a 4 speed and 300 more hp. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
from the guys that have been driving it, the words i keep getting are "its bad a$$"
Well they are paid by Can-Am lol

The reality is I'm sure it is sick in the whoops. I'm also sure it takes a country mile to turn around.

32" tires and skid plates a must.

I'm just shocked Can-Am went so huge on wheel base. I mean, a Jimco Trophy Truck has 125" wheel base, this thing has 135". I'm sure it works great, but it's huge.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Not that I could afford a new UTV, but I was excited to see a new 4 seat model released from a manufacture. And while I think Can Am hit a home run with the X3 l, and I expect to see a new level of competition this year in desert racing because of it. I think the execution of the X3 Max was a disappointment. I get from a manufacture standpoint they are going to take what they currently have and stretch it to fit 4 seats. But in reality you need to repackage where components are located to get the proper wheelbase per application.

IMO the X3 Max with a 32-33 inch tire needed to be in the 120 WB range, 123 inch max. Any longer then that and you lose the purpose of buying a UTV. In total reality much longer then the current XP4's 117 WB is pushing it for most UTV users. I would expect to see many of these Max's high centered in the dunes, none at an event like KOTH or on the Rubicon. The mountain trail UTV user will find this impossible to navigate on tighter trails.

I do hope it's a sucsees and I'm wrong about everything, as better UTV's and more competition is better for the end consumer.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Well they are paid by Can-Am lol

The reality is I'm sure it is sick in the whoops. I'm also sure it takes a country mile to turn around.

32" tires and skid plates a must.

I'm just shocked Can-Am went so huge on wheel base. I mean, a Jimco Trophy Truck has 125" wheel base, this thing has 135". I'm sure it works great, but it's huge.
This just shows how much joey is Polaris, you ask why because he has never seen the bottom of an X3 lol.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Not that I could afford a new UTV, but I was excited to see a new 4 seat model released from a manufacture. And while I think Can Am hit a home run with the X3 l, and I expect to see a new level of competition this year in desert racing because of it. I think the execution of the X3 Max was a disappointment. I get from a manufacture standpoint they are going to take what they currently have and stretch it to fit 4 seats. But in reality you need to repackage where components are located to get the proper wheelbase per application.

IMO the X3 Max with a 32-33 inch tire needed to be in the 120 WB range, 123 inch max. Any longer then that and you lose the purpose of buying a UTV. In total reality much longer then the current XP4's 117 WB is pushing it for most UTV users. I would expect to see many of these Max's high centered in the dunes, none at an event like KOTH or on the Rubicon. The mountain trail UTV user will find this impossible to navigate on tighter trails.

I do hope it's a sucsees and I'm wrong about everything, as better UTV's and more competition is better for the end consumer.
The biggest complaint in rzr 4 seater is not enough room for tall adult. Racing wise why would you race a 4seater if the 2seater is the perfect length.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I must be missing the joke?
I think the Stripping Shop is bring up the skid plates because the X3 Max already comes with HMW skid plates.

I'm guessing Stripping shop is commenting about how Joey said the guys raving about the Max are all paid Can Am guys. And Joeys probably right, but it's no different then paid Polaris guys raving about Polaris or Joey raving about a product, because they gave it to him or are paying him to advertise and promote it.

Anytime you read a Press Release or Product Spotlight, you have to know people are being paid to promote and talk up the product, so your not going to hear the real truth. That's just how business works.

Reactions: sand shark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000