XPT Primary wearing out

SandyEggo

Mar 20, 2017
Just giving a heads up that the plastic sliders in the primary clutch are wearing out the aluminum on the primary where the sliders rub. Below are pictures of mine with 500 miles on it. I saw one at the dealership today that only had 104 miles and 10 hours on it and it had noticeable grooves in the aluminum that you could feel with your finger. Polaris seems to be sticking their head in the sand about the issue so far. Polaris denied my claim for a new primary, but then said that they would on good faith replace the three plastic sliders. The dealer and I looking at my primary and talking about it, he said that replacing the sliders will only probably last 100 miles because of the gouging in the primary.

Has anybody else noticed the same thing on theirs? Anybody have any solutions for this? Are any vendors working on better sliders that will self lubricate as they wear and that are actually softer than The aluminum so they'll wear out and not the actual primary?

My dealer did advise me that I should blow the CVT system out after each ride or at least each day, and then clean it with electronics cleaner. So I'm going to start doing that. I'm also going to put a four-inch hose from the CVT cover all the way into the bed, because the stock hose necks down to 3 inches where it goes through the bed. I'm going to go to run an air filter on that and see if that helps me get more than 5 to 700 miles out of a primary clutch.
I had the exact same problem on my 2016 XP turbo. Just replaced both clutch assemblies with a new design that won't wear out so fast. Although my RZR is under warranty, I had to pay to replace this "wear item". Now in contact with Polaris corporate asking for a refund.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
the clutch is, and always has been considered a wear item. its like brake pads. they are going to wear out and warranty doesnt usually cover them.

in the 2016 you qualify for the "clutch update" service bulletin all you had to do was go talk to your dealer and they should have already told you about it. all 2016 qualify you get all brand new parts to fix the clutches. it comes with a new spyder and sliders and wear plates for the primary. 100% no cost to you all you need is to give your dealer your VIN number. the secondary isnt as bad for wear as the primary. its the primary that needs the most attention.

if your dealer sold you all new clutches, they should be hanged because all 2016 were available for the upgrade to the 2017 clutch parts for no cost to the owner. all it takes is a dealer not being a moron and giving you the parts.

you are probably not going to get a refund honestly.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000