RV 6v Battery Set up / Kit / Where to buy???

Alliance MMA

Oct 17, 2014
www.facebook.com
No need of having 4 6v batteries if you have a generator running non-stop, it's over kill, one 12v is fine. Now if you were running an inverter I would say yes to four or more 6v batteries.

My set up 520 watts of solar panels, 2000 watt inverter, four 6v T105RE Trojans and a Bogart Trimetric 2030. I leave my inverter on 24/7 while camping. The only time my generator starts is when the Microwave or aircon. is needed which is hardly ever. My wife uses her blow dryer, I use my coffee maker, she uses her blender, crock pot (last outing approx. 5 hours), etc. The plus is I don't have to listen to a generator.
I do have a 5500 Oanan also a Honda 2000. Before solar I had two 6v batteries and used my 2000 in the morning for coffee, the wives needs and charging the batteries.
I think the reason we went to 6volt battery set up to begin with is the one 12v battery could not keep up with demand of stereo system. So from what I understood it was draining the battery even with the 2000 generator. Your Solar system sounds so much better without having to set up at campsite . Ideally that's what I would like to upgrade to in the future

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
On my new 2019 Attitude 39CRSG I run two 6V Batteries, factory solar charging system, w/ Inverter & battery disconnect. I can park the trailer for a month at a time, kick main power on and have fully charged batteries. In addition, when camping I can run off my inverter for hours watching TV and listening to Music without fear of dead batteries. This set up has been the best yet.

Reactions: RWTDCT

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
On my new 2019 Attitude 39CRSG I run two 6V Batteries, factory solar charging system, w/ Inverter & battery disconnect. I can park the trailer for a month at a time, kick main power on and have fully charged batteries. In addition, when camping I can run off my inverter for hours watching TV and listening to Music without fear of dead batteries. This set up has been the best yet.
Does your 39ft have the same 160 watt solar panel that the smaller eclipse models do? I've been wondering if that is enough to use outlets and lights at night without having to charge batteries for camping, sounds like it is if its the same size system. Do you turn the inverter off at night? seems like that would drain batteries.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Does your 39ft have the same 160 watt solar panel that the smaller eclipse models do? I've been wondering if that is enough to use outlets and lights at night without having to charge batteries for camping, sounds like it is if its the same size system. Do you turn the inverter off at night? seems like that would drain batteries.
Yes, inverter only stays on when I need it and you cannot have it on while the generator is on or you will fry it, ask me how I know that.

I believe its the same system and works great.

Alliance MMA

Oct 17, 2014
www.facebook.com
No need of having 4 6v batteries if you have a generator running non-stop, it's over kill, one 12v is fine. Now if you were running an inverter I would say yes to four or more 6v batteries.

My set up 520 watts of solar panels, 2000 watt inverter, four 6v T105RE Trojans and a Bogart Trimetric 2030. I leave my inverter on 24/7 while camping. The only time my generator starts is when the Microwave or aircon. is needed which is hardly ever. My wife uses her blow dryer, I use my coffee maker, she uses her blender, crock pot (last outing approx. 5 hours), etc. The plus is I don't have to listen to a generator.
I do have a 5500 Oanan also a Honda 2000. Before solar I had two 6v batteries and used my 2000 in the morning for coffee, the wives needs and charging the batteries.
Who installed your set up? And how much did this system cost? I'm interested. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
So far as the solar It came pre installed different than Joeys. I have several plugs that you can use with the inverter or shore power. All four TV outlets, a outlet in the kitchen, one in the bedroom and another in the outside compartment near the central vac. A simple unplug from the shore power to the inverter or inverter to shore power. I can leave mine plugged into the inverter while the rest of the trailer is on shore power. I leave mine plugged into the inverter all the time. I will try and get some pics. later. So far as the batteries I installed them myself.

A side note, My second toy Hauler I installed every thing myself solar inverter and batteries. The way it was set up, if I had my inverter on and plugged my trailer into shore power or used my generator I would have fried the inverter just like Joey was stating. The way my new trailer is setup is awesome.

RWTDCT

Jun 13, 2013
So here is a picture plugged into the inverter and a picture plugged into shore power/generator. So the cord you see is on its own breakers and dedicated to all the plug-ins I explained on previous post. So either place you plug it in is not conflicting. Now if you had the cord plugged in to both outlets at the same time (inverter & shore power, which you cant) you would fry things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
So here is a picture plugged into the inverter and a picture plugged into shore power. So the cord you see is on its own breakers and dedicated to all the plug-ins I explained on previous post. So either place you plug it in is not conflicting. Now if you had the cord plugged in to both outlets at the same time (inverter & shore power, which you cant) you would fry things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So essentially is a extension cord that feeds the outlets and you have the manual option to switch from shore power or battery. Sounds easy enough if all the outlets run off the same breaker.

RWTDCT

Jun 13, 2013
So essentially is a extension cord that feeds the outlets and you have the manual option to switch from shore power or battery. Sounds easy enough if all the outlets run off the same breaker.
Yes

99.9 percent of the time I am dry camping so I just leave the cord plugged into the inverter with it on until I pack up for home. I would say if you are only using one 12v battery turn the inverter off at night, when you go to bed or when not in use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000