Best Clutch Set Up for XP4 w/ 32's

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Who makes the best clutch spring & weight package for a RZR XP4 Turbo running BFG 32 KR2 tires?

Let me tell you what I have been experiencing. So on my new RZR XP4 Turbo Dynamix, I bolted on 15" wheels with 32" tires. If I hammer the throttle I will instantly slip the belt and make the car throw an engine misfire code. So I know I need to clutch it. If I just roll into the throttle its totally fine, I have done a total of 700 miles in Baja on this clutch and tire combo, its just annoying when I want to hammer the gas for whatever reason...

Whats weird is on my two seat RZRs with same tire set up, no issues at all. Ultimately I hope its just needs a clutch tune and its not something else, but I am 99% sure its just clutch.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Your 2 seat rzr is lighter than your 4 seat rzr. The new sparks set up is nice...but you have to get the belt from them.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
about 100% of the roller bearings in the base of the primary are over-greased. this grease will get hot and sling out onto and into the clutch which causes the belt to slip. about 90% of the clutches i see have grease inside and on them enough to cause them to slip a belt especially at first engagement where the belt is wrapped around the base of the primary with the least amount of belt wrap on the face of the primary where it is the most likely to slip. you throw the power at it, right off the bat and its easiest to slip especially if it has a sneeze of greasy film on the faces of the clutch. this is quite common but very few people have ever addressed it.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Your 2 seat rzr is lighter than your 4 seat rzr. The new sparks set up is nice...but you have to get the belt from them.
I’ve told a lot of people about that new sparks set up lately. I’d love to run it but the belts kill it for me mainly because of how many machines I have and it’s really nice to have one belt for all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
about 100% of the roller bearings in the base of the primary are over-greased. this grease will get hot and sling out onto and into the clutch which causes the belt to slip. about 90% of the clutches i see have grease inside and on them enough to cause them to slip a belt especially at first engagement where the belt is wrapped around the base of the primary with the least amount of belt wrap on the face of the primary where it is the most likely to slip. you throw the power at it, right off the bat and its easiest to slip especially if it has a sneeze of greasy film on the faces of the clutch. this is quite common but very few people have ever addressed it.
That makes sense but it will do it also if I’m running at speed and then hammer the gas. I can slip it at will. I have inspected and cleaned the clutch after every trip and everything looks totally fine, including the belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Joey, I know you run your rigs pretty hard... I'm surprised no one has mentioned alignment. Found on the XP1000's that the 10.5" center to center on the drives is pretty important when it comes to overall performance of the clutches.
Regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000