XX wins V2R

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Ray Bulloch won the Vegas to Reno NA class in a virtually stock Textron XX. We are talking cage, suspension components motor, etc. If you have looked at one of these in person you will see that all the suspension and steering design is all race inspired like you would see on a C1 or 10 car.

IMO opinion this is easily the best designed toughest factory UTV to hit the market and once they start rolling out the factory turbo,long travel, 4 seat, etc they will all be the model to have.

dynosports

Nov 26, 2017
Cage, suspension components, and motor are all stock on the winning Textron XX?

I have seen one before. I crawled all over it on the dealer showroom floor because my buddy claimed this it was “race inspired” the best UTV ever built.

I did like a couple of things about it.
The shocks attached to the bottom front control arms, and a true rear trailing arm.

There is no way I looked at the stamped steel boxed suspension components and said sign me up for V2R I am buying this race car.

I did not get a good feeling when I sat in it. It did not feel like I was sitting in the cockpit of a race vehicle.

As far as “race inspired” they all say that. It’s a marketing gimmick.

I am not sold for sure. We will see with Time how these new UTV race vehicles will match up. Lots of money needs to be thrown at all of them to make true race machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
Definitely the best-built factory machine I have seen to date. Having raced, I see lots of significant advantages to this platform over others for sure. Trust me, I was/am not a Wildcat X fan and would never consider the old wildcat as a contender...but this XX...it is much better and by far the best base car to start with IMO. I know you can build a competitive race machine with this for under $40K

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Rays car had suspension springs/valving done. Thats it no long travel , no after market arms then modifications to pass BITD safety tech (a pillar down bar door bars etc). The cage was a stock cage with some minor additions.

Race inspired is due to it pretty much taking the shape and modular design that RG's SST trucks use - front clip unbolts, rear clip unbolts you can change the front diff in less than an hour and drop the engine/trans out in less than an hour. Its really easy/quick to work on everything vs the competition.

I love our race car. If we could find some qualifying luck we'd be golden. When the car has traction it out accelerates any other NA car out there, There's a reason we passed 23 cars at Crandon.. using the outside line no less.

Attachments

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Rays car had suspension springs/valving done. Thats it no long travel , no after market arms then modifications to pass BITD safety tech (a pillar down bar door bars etc). The cage was a stock cage with some minor additions.

Race inspired is due to it pretty much taking the shape and modular design that RG's SST trucks use - front clip unbolts, rear clip unbolts you can change the front diff in less than an hour and drop the engine/trans out in less than an hour. Its really easy/quick to work on everything vs the competition.

I love our race car. If we could find some qualifying luck we'd be golden. When the car has traction it out accelerates any other NA car out there, There's a reason we passed 23 cars at Crandon.. using the outside line no less.
Was Ray's car actually a stock motor? I know the guys racing these already in other places have quite a bit of options as it pertains to motor performance, clutching etc.. Knowing Ray always has fast race cars I would assume he has some mods?

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Was Ray's car actually a stock motor? I know the guys racing these already in other places have quite a bit of options as it pertains to motor performance, clutching etc.. Knowing Ray always has fast race cars I would assume he has some mods?
Stock internals, I am not sure if he was running the stage 2 Speedwerx kit or not. Its surprising how much you can gain out of the car with clutching alone.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Even fuel/ignition tuning with a full exhaust and a intake change yields great results. 16hp over stock in the 4-5k rpm range with a 143 peak. It wakes it up drastically.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Cage, suspension components, and motor are all stock on the winning Textron XX?

I have seen one before. I crawled all over it on the dealer showroom floor because my buddy claimed this it was “race inspired” the best UTV ever built.

I did like a couple of things about it.
The shocks attached to the bottom front control arms, and a true rear trailing arm.

There is no way I looked at the stamped steel boxed suspension components and said sign me up for V2R I am buying this race car.

I did not get a good feeling when I sat in it. It did not feel like I was sitting in the cockpit of a race vehicle.

As far as “race inspired” they all say that. It’s a marketing gimmick.

I am not sold for sure. We will see with Time how these new UTV race vehicles will match up. Lots of money needs to be thrown at all of them to make true race machines.

Race inspired is not a marketing gimmick on this vehicle. I understand you might get that after CanAm says Trophy Truck type rear suspension when it is no where near that.

This vehicle was designed by Robby Gordon. Unlike Polaris or CanAm, if you look at most of the Class 1 or 10 cars racing in the desert (4 wheel independent suspension same as UTV's), it has a true trailing arm rear suspension. It has the steering rack in front which is a much better design along with the shock mounted on the lower control arm all adding up to better handling and performance.

You might not have said sign me up but someone else did and has a 1st place trophy.

dynosports

Nov 26, 2017
Race inspired is not a marketing gimmick on this vehicle. I understand you might get that after CanAm says Trophy Truck type rear suspension when it is no where near that.

This vehicle was designed by Robby Gordon. Unlike Polaris or CanAm, if you look at most of the Class 1 or 10 cars racing in the desert (4 wheel independent suspension same as UTV's), it has a true trailing arm rear suspension. It has the steering rack in front which is a much better design along with the shock mounted on the lower control arm all adding up to better handling and performance.

You might not have said sign me up but someone else did and has a 1st place trophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000