Most reliable UTV for first time buyer! NEED HELP!

Oct 4, 2018
I am in the market for a six seater UTV that will be used around an 18 acre farm for typical farm work. I will not be racing it or doing anything crazy other than hauling stuff around and using it to get around the property. I have looked at the Can Am defender max, Yamaha Viking VI, polaris ranger crew XP, and the Kawasaki Mule pro fxt.

I am leaning towards the Can Am or the polaris because of the higher towing capacity but one of the most important factors to me is reliability and I have heard that Polaris vehicles become money pits just curious if anyone could chime in about reliability of these manufacturers.

Thanks

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
This from Yamaha's facebook page.

"We’ve always said Yamaha’s ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles are Proven Off-Road and Real World Tough, and we’re backing up those claims with the industry’s first 10-year belt warranty,” said Mike Martinez, Yamaha’s vice president of ATV / SxS group operations. “This is an unprecedented move in the off-road industry, meant to provide the highest level of support to our customers, and send the message that Yamaha firmly believes we have the best, most durable and reliable belts and Ultramatic CVT transmissions in the industry.”

matt.cooper.1460

Sep 6, 2018
I have a 19 ranger crew 900xp and if I could reverse course and do it over I would have gotten the mule pro fit I was considering... I also run a teryx and the kawi’s are built brick shit house rugged but that Polaris just seems cheap...I just tore both machine down and did the suspension over and the Polaris was just flimsy junk while the teryx parts were impressive really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
I decided to pull the trigger on the Yamaha Viking VI Ranch edition all because of the 10 year belt warranty. Now lets hope I do not regret it! Thanks for the help everyone.

Caddocreek

Oct 9, 2016
My experience:

Polaris quality was poor, problems with overheating and inability of dealer to fix problems after 3 trips to Dealer.

Kawasaki Pro FXT can’t carry the advertised load without severe ground clearance issues (and that’s with the HD Springs) but otherwise very reliable.

Don’t have experience with the others but disappointed enough with the Kawasaki lack of load carrying/ground clearance that I want to try a different brand. Tried a lift kit and was what the unit needed but caused a failure which actually required a frame member replacement.

Good luck on your Yamaha!

Caddocreek

Oct 9, 2016
I almost took a pic this weekend of my sagging Mule PROFXT with 700# of feed in back....for all those who say it can carry a load. It also has the HD Springs. Had a lift on it until it failed...was lucky to get a replacement frame member from Kawasaki so it could be repaired.

Ordered a CanAm Defender LoneStar Edition last week. They will carry a load and I’ve gotten good feedback on their reliability. Keeping my fingers crossed this unit will have what I’m looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000