All UTV's Suspension Tuning

valco

Apr 30, 2009
Looking for a company who knows their "poopy" and can suspension tune/revalve onsite in the desert. Car is a Teryx w/ SDR kit and Fox shocks. Any recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
yea sell the fox's and buy kings! they will meet up with you and get you dialed in. Great guys for sure! :)
LOL.....Our fox's are flawless.

Fox does a lot of tuning out at plaster city. You may be able to working something out with them.

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
Trevor Smith of 747 ink can do that easily. i would give him a call he has a lot of expirence with valving shocks for a lot of the racers out there.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
With FOX I would definately send them to Mark Holz at Holz Racing Products. He knows his stuff on UTV's, ATV's and Snowmobiles.

MP

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Looking for a company who knows their "poopy" and can suspension tune/revalve onsite in the desert. Car is a Teryx w/ SDR kit and Fox shocks. Any recommendations?
Tim and his gang at SDR haven't spend their tyme testin'-out their kits out in the dezert? :confused: (No offense)

JoeyD first ran FOX shocks on his magnum kit and that thing rode like a caddy out in Ocotillo Wells! :cool:

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I think SDR has done a bunch of Teryx specific shock testing recently, they may have a new valving combo that will work for you. I would give them a call. But I dont believe they do customer specific desert tuning, unless is the first car off the line with a new setup. But I would ask. They may be able to get Fox to meet you out there?

Theres nothing better than having a shock pro watch/drive/ride in your car and make your shocks work perfectly the way YOU want them to!

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
Treavor is your best bet. he can revalve your shocks on site and his rates are totally reasonable. im shure you can have fox meet you out in the desert but your going to pay big bucks and Marc holtz lives in idaho os someplace like that. Treavor lives in vally center here in california

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I talked to fox about this a while back when the boc shocks came out. Asked them how much it would cost to have the meet me in the desert. They flat said no way. Not for a "person". Only for a customer "company" that would be buying large quantities of shocks. The liability involved for them is big and I completely understand that. They were very helpful and spent a lot of rime in the phone with me.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
With FOX I would definately send them to Mark Holz at Holz Racing Products. He knows his stuff on UTV's, ATV's and Snowmobiles.

MP
his point was to have them tuned on site!

My choice in Socal would be Todd Arthur at HRT motosports, but he would not do on-site revalving either. but he can and does go to the dez with customers for shock testing.

alot of this boils down to how does each customer want his ride to be, I say this becasue many want something different from there machine, also if it is a hard dezert ride or a primary glamis ride, the setup should, and is different.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC

My choice in Socal would be Todd Arthur at HRT motosports, but he would not do on-site revalving either. but he can and does go to the dez with customers for shock testing.

alot of this boils down to how does each customer want his ride to be, I say this becasue many want something different from there machine, also if it is a hard dezert ride or a primary glamis ride, the setup should, and is different.
I think you will find Mark in the desert quite often. :cool:

valco

Apr 30, 2009
Just saw that they changed sh*t to "poopy", thats funny.

Tim and his gang at SDR haven't spend their tyme testin'-out their kits out in the dezert? :confused: (No offense)

JoeyD first ran FOX shocks on his magnum kit and that thing rode like a caddy out in Ocotillo Wells! :cool:
Their kit is good out of the box and I believe is set up in the middle of the road for glamis and hard pac. I do 100% hard pack and have a heavy 4 seat cage, so I'm looking to fine tune it for my situation. Their kit is stout, I've beat the crap out of it for the last 4 years without one problem.

I think SDR has done a bunch of Teryx specific shock testing recently, they may have a new valving combo that will work for you. I would give them a call. But I dont believe they do customer specific desert tuning, unless is the first car off the line with a new setup. But I would ask. They may be able to get Fox to meet you out there?

Theres nothing better than having a shock pro watch/drive/ride in your car and make your shocks work perfectly the way YOU want them to!
Amen to that. Tim is working with his shock guy to try and make it happen. I wanted to get some opinions if I had to go to plan B and have someone else do it.

I talked to fox about this a while back when the boc shocks came out. Asked them how much it would cost to have the meet me in the desert. They flat said no way. Not for a "person". Only for a customer "company" that would be buying large quantities of shocks. The liability involved for them is big and I completely understand that. They were very helpful and spent a lot of rime in the phone with me.
I was told the same thing.

Exactly. Most people who are in my car think it rides great, but theirs always room for improvement, especially if its custom valved for your car and your primary terrian.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000