Stoddard Wells trip

MQUnlimited

Jan 31, 2011
SoCal
www.facebook.com
For mama's birthday. We go quite frequently but this time decided to go to areas we haven't gone to before. Ended up finding some interesting stuff! We damn near had the entire place to ourselves other then another camp about 2 miles away. :ck:

Hawker "grass hopper" Memorial, 1999

valco

Apr 30, 2009
How were the temps, mid 90's? We use to ride the bikes thier but got tired of getting flats with all the damn rocks. Have not tried it since we got the teryx, so we went a little further up the freeway to Borstow off of Outlet Center.

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Stoddard Wells is my spot! Close to home and not alot of trucks flying around! Close to Outlet and also to Slash X.
I use to get flats with the quad - but have never got one on the rhino (knock knock on my desk!).
Nice pics bro! Where exactly is the memorial? I have came across two on the same location on top of the hill close to Slash X Ranch Rd/Mission Rd and Sorrel Trail intersection.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
That water hole looks like the quarry in Turtle Valley by the power lines. If you take race course "A" from outlet center it hangs a left turn just before that and the parallels Stoddard mountain going east.

I think this is the same place where my boy and I found a still smoldering insurance dump of a new pickup.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
the spot we normally park go north and follow that mountain around you'll hit the quarry, it's all rain water still from a the rains we had.
I was pretty sure it was from all that rain we has and not a spring, it's just cool to see that in the dezrt.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I see them on the maps (springs) but all ways to much in a hurry to do some exploring . But it would be nice to find one and look at the animal tracks around just to see what running around out there.Now I'm thinking of my old hunting days , good times and more to come !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MQUnlimited

Jan 31, 2011
SoCal
www.facebook.com
There were loads of animal tracks leading to the water. I was out riding one night in faaar East Apple Valley (going to Slash X) and ran into a herd of sheep!!!! Out of nowhere and there was atleast a few hundred.

dbestduner

Jul 13, 2011
There were loads of animal tracks leading to the water. I was out riding one night in faaar East Apple Valley (going to Slash X) and ran into a herd of sheep!!!! Out of nowhere and there was atleast a few hundred.
iv seen sheep to it's crazy! you live in av?

the weirdest thing was a bunch of wild turkeys! big ones!

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ya back I was riding my XR 600 full out on one of the roads out there and came over a rise :eek: and thought there was some kind of pillow truck crash but no just a bunch of sheep crossing the road ,Ya I was'nt EXPECTING THEM but I shuter down just in time and had a new camp fire story. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000