Search results

1. acme

Why UTV racers get knocked by the other classes...

https://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/v2r-more-to-the-story-or-just-a-richard-cranium.128873/
  2. acme

Desert Racing Rules 101 (Unwritten/Common Sense)

Added a few more I missed as this is a living document. Those with knowledge add your own in hopes we can create a new generation of savvy racers and never have another CA 200 incident... Having watched the UTV vs 11 deal unfold and reading comments I figured I'd toss a few unwritten...
  3. acme

Maverick XDS Race Clutching

My wife and a friend will be racing a '14 Maverick XDS in some local desert races not BITD so no worries for the big time racers! Knowing belts will be an issue: Who's got the hot clutch set up for the Mav's? I know it's all top secret, but when we had the RZR we bought Sparks prepared primary...
  4. acme

XP1000/4 Starter issue

Started car, pulled it on the trailer. Went to start it to pull it off the trailer: Starter spins but does not spin motor over or engage? Tried putting it in gear and rocking it etc, nothing - just spins... Battery charged etc... New to UTV's, any ideas or directions appreciated!
  5. acme

Racing in danger again...

Land use issues have been a problem for the race community and since the MDR incident we've been under the microscope. Wayne the poster, is a good guy that put himself on the line for the sport for a long time. We need some new blood interested in keeping it going and racing BITD or Baja won't...
  6. acme

Baja/Race Karma...

This was the first Baja 500 I missed in a long time. I wasn't there but had a number of friends who were and few mentioned this bottleneck. If you look at this thread you'll see where it takes an interesting turn and the "4x4 blue lighters" become a focus of a lot of frustration. For those...
  7. acme

SNORE Caliente in June...

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/the-driven-experiences-caliente-250.125252/ It's a fun race, anyone else considering it???
  8. acme

XP1000 engine

We have a 2014 xp4 1000: Is a 2015 XP1000 naturally aspirated engine a direct replacement swap for the 14? Thanks!
  9. acme

Nov 21 BLM Marines Meeting Re Johnson Valley Off Road Area

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/johnson-valley-ohv-meeting.123781/ It seems the BLM/Marines conveniently chose the B1K weekend to hold a meeting. A lot of us will be out but it's worth sending emails and making calls if you believer this meeting should be postponed to a date when more...
  10. acme

Belts and other BS ?'s...

So now that we have a dog in the fight I have look at all the threads/sites and have a few questions for the racers: 1) Which belt are the racers having the best success with: Gates/Dayco/Polaris??? ours is a 2014 XP4 NA car with an STM clutch 2) What are you guys running for Ft diff fluids...
  11. acme

Differences in a '14 vs '15 XP1000 N/A Car?

Based on all the brotherly love this class shows, we are looking at a few cars to get our feet wet in the UTV class. What are the differences between a 14 vs 15 XP 1000 NA car? Clutch? Diffs? Trans? etc... Either one a better/worse choice or a bigger nightmare or more prep-cost to race? I get...
  12. acme

How will the new "game changer cars" affect the current cars and class?

We have been shopping for a new ride and class as we sold Big Red and wanted to downsize. I hate to admit it but I am impressed with the golf carts and we are looking at the class again. Since we only race a few times a year and not chase points etc... we are looking at a few used cars that are...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000