Search results

1. zambo

Can-Am Vs. Polaris - Officially Equal?

IMO, spending over 100k to turn a UTV into what amounts to a crappy class10 car is not only foolish and ridiculous waste of money but a sure fire way to kill the sport. I know it doesn’t happen overnight but when people realize they need to pony up that kind of cash to be competitive then...
  2. zambo

Can-Am Vs. Polaris - Officially Equal?

Hahaha. There is zero question in my mind that the x3 is a superior platform. And it should be because its new and the manufacturers are stepping up their game. The new Wildcat is going to be a badass car too, heck its already laying down some great times in the few races its done and when they...
  3. zambo

Modified stock fuel tank for racing

I modified the stock tank in my x3 with a large rollover vent so I can use a dump can with it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. zambo

Get Ready....

Does anybody have any pictures of where these frame cracks are happening?
  5. zambo

Get Ready....

Ah the never ending quest for speed and the inevitable surfacing of the weakest link. FWIW I have about 2400 miles on my x3, including preruns of the baja 500 and 1000 and two Parker 425s and no belt failures. Most miles I put on a single belt is 1300. Stock motor, clutch, and 32s. But my...
  6. zambo

AEM Performance Electronics products for your UTV

Ok keep us posted. I used to race a Dodge truck that was sponsored by AEM and our stuff worked great. I have an x3 and would be interested in a replacement for the stock gauge cluster that is a little easier to read, especially at high speed in Baja.
  7. zambo

AEM Performance Electronics products for your UTV

Will it work on a Can-Am?
  8. zambo

LED lighting wiring question

Sounds to me like you have the ground wire hooked to the terminal on the switch that is supposed to have the hot wire from the fuse. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. zambo

Is Yamaha better at track/short course than Polaris?

The a-arms in the rear are probably better for short course racing while the trailing link cars will do better in the desert. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. zambo

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

Are you saying the pushback is due to Robby himself rather than the actual concept? Hell I like Robby a lot, he's helped me out several times with cars or trucks I was racing. The same rule would apply to Geiser's if they built a UTV....1000 units. Hell when the x3 came out there was an...
  11. zambo

Geez, Geiser brothers produces cars too, complete with Chevy engines, Chevy transmissions, Chevy headlights etc. but it ain't a Chevy. Nor is it a Geiser "production" car even though they've made a hundred of them. When RG produces 1000 of these things in a year then welcome to the production...
  12. zambo

When they build 1000 of them then sure, but not before.
  13. zambo

When they build 1000 of them, THEN it will be a "production" car. Not before. Production cars are built, then sold. As opposed to sold, then built. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. zambo

I hear Geiser brothers are planning on building 1000 trophy trucks so teams can run them in stock full. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. zambo

Yamaha Truly Unlimited UTV - Rustfish Racing 2921

Like motive, I too have no idea what he's trying to show with those two pictures of the level. That ain't caster. Ok back to the peanut gallery.
  16. zambo

I'm not a car designer but over the years I've talked and thought about ackerman a few times. I think that ackerman still is important in a desert race car. You certainly don't want reverse ackerman like that truck with the flipped knuckles you described. The thing that determines the need for...
  17. zambo

Well it's an interesting topic. These turbo motors with injectors and a good tune are making as much power as the ecotecs pushing class 10 cars around and we know those cars are fast. So without some limits I think you run the danger of someone just building basically a class 10 with a UTV...
  18. zambo

Not using it enough. Haven't driven it since NORRA last year.
  19. zambo

LOL I'm having a blast with the x3 but its not ready to race by any stretch yet. This year will be the swan song for the Humungus at NORRA. I'll be racing with a for sale sign on it.
  20. zambo

I know I'm continuing the hijack, but the reason CanAm lowered the ride height after everything was already designed and speced out was to make it pass some DOT rollover test. With all that travel the car can get a little sloppy if not driven correctly and lowering it made it stick to the ground...
  21. zambo

I dig the passion around here but you guys are giving me philosophical answers to what should be a straightforward question. Is any car with a 33" tire and a 77" track width and a 1 liter motor allowed to run as an unlimited UTV? Can you really run a car that, other than the engine and...
  22. zambo

Was that intended to answer my question? Perhaps I didn't phrase it correctly so let me retry. At what point would you tell somebody that the vehicle they want to enter in the UTV race isn't really a UTV and belongs in another class?
  23. zambo

At what point does a desert car stop being a UTV and start being something else entirely?
  24. zambo

New Suspension Parts for Can Am X3

Thanks, looks like a nice setup.
  25. zambo

Thanks for the quick answer. BTW I see the radius rod kit on your site....what brand are the rod ends in those kits? Thanks!
  26. zambo

So I assume they fit 5/8 rod ends? Didn't see that in the link. Also do you sell them in batches other than 24? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. zambo

DezertBound Racing BITD X3 build

Thanks! I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but I was thinking something like this in the back with a spare and cargo on the roof.
  28. zambo

Would love to see some more pics. Especially of how the fuel cell is going in there. I pulled the trigger on an X3 RS and figuring how to safely put more gas in this thing for prerunning is high on my to-figure-out list.
  29. zambo

12 great gifts for Can-Am Maverick X3 side-by-side vehicle owners

So was that done with the thick skid plate on the RS model or with the thinner one on the other models?
  30. zambo

SpeedCat77 Baja Facts

In SCORE, the stock classes such as stock full etc mandate a minimum of 5000 units to be considered stock production vehicles, plus you have to use not only the stock pivot points but the stock control arms as well. Not stock "concept" but the actual factory arms. You can change the shocks and...
  31. zambo

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Yeah I had a similar problem with my oil pump a couple years ago in the truck the pickup hood on the end of the pickup tube broke off and we would just cavitate once any rpm built up.
  32. zambo

Last time I drove a race car that speed limited itself like that it was the fuel filter slowly getting clogged. Will be interesting to hear what the problem was if you figure it out and want to share.
  33. zambo

Keep the race cars as stock as possible and force the manufactures to make better machines if they want the edge. When you let people spend 80k or more on a UTV they will do it, then pretty soon you HAVE to do it to even be competitive. Hint: there are a lot more people out there with $40k than...
  34. zambo

If there is one thing I like its new tech. I'm never very impressed by the bigger hammer approach to racing.
  35. zambo

I'm impressed as hell at how fast these guys are. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  36. zambo

So as for the fuel cell, I assume there is going to be a standard can/bladder racing cell and it's going in the rear cage behind the engine?
  37. zambo

Without seeing the crash that produced that wrinkle its hard to say how strong the stock cage is. But for sure and without a doubt, it is not strong enough in stock form to race with or even serious prerunning. Mainly due to the fact that there is almost no triangulation. Whether you keep the...
  38. zambo

I just talked to Chad Ragland over at Cagewrx and they should have a weld-it-yourself kit for the X3 in a month or so for about 700 clams. He said you cut the tubing just below the body work and there are plates there that the new kit bolts too, or you can mig/tig it to make it race legal.
  39. zambo

Thanks again for the replies. I was looking the online pic of the cage and trying to see where the back unbolts. I can see the overhead tubes in the roof halo have bolt flanges. For it to be BITD legal where did you have to cut it off? Do you just sleeve chromoly into the old cage above the...
  40. zambo

The website says it is made of 980 DP, which is what car and truck A and B pillar cages are made of. It looks from the pictures that the whole chassis is the same material? What is the thickness of the original cage? BITD says they want .090 but that is in 1.5" tubing and that cage looks like...
  41. zambo

Hey what is the material and thickness of the original cage? Was there any thought given, since it is a welded cage to start with rather than bolt-on, to just strengthening what was already there? Sorry for the dumb question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000