Search results

1. cfyca

1991 DSR1 Mint 400 Report & VIDEOS

Thanks! We had an awesome time... I don't think we are going to make it to SS, and V2R is going to depend on if we still have the car and how much help we can recruit for support. The DSR1 cars are fast, really fast. Like you said it is just going to take everyone a little time to get their...
  2. cfyca

1991 DSR1 Mint 400 Report & VIDEOS

After a long winter in Utah, we decided to pack our DSR1 down to Vegas again to try and redeem ourselves after racing 7 miles in the Mint last year before having problems. We elected to run Sportsman as it is a couple hundred cheaper and we missed Parker so the points didn't really mean...
  3. cfyca

Yamaha BITD sr1 class build

Sounds good, you can't beat the sound of the R1! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. cfyca

Utah sxs race, any interest?

Shoot me an email at [email protected], I have a moto graphix company and may be interested in helping out as a sponsor. I also have a DSR1 that we might be interested in running in the race, depending on the class restrictions and course details. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. cfyca

Silver State 300 Roll Call

Unfortunately the 1960 Bazurk DSR1 isn't going to make the SS no matter how bad we want to go. Pretty simple fix on the shift linkage from the Mint, but have a nursing school graduation that same weekend. Doh!!
  6. cfyca

1955 DSR1 Mint 400 race recap

I think it might be 15mins?
  7. cfyca

#1960 DSR1 Mint 400 Race Report W/VIDEO

Oh and Randy, you need to go to bed man! 4am posts aren't healthy
  8. cfyca

Hey thanks guys! We had a blast and enjoyed meeting everyone.
  9. cfyca

It all started for us the weekend before the race.. We received our axles from GearOne the Friday of the 16th so we slapped them in that night and buttoned a few other loose ends up. About 10pm Friday night the Bazurk Industries 1960 DSR1 rolled out of the shop for the first time ever under...
  10. cfyca

Biggest UTV race of 2012 - Mint 400 - Official Thread

The 1960 Bazurk Industries DSR1 is loaded in the trailer and ready to head in the direction of Fremont St.! In addition to the IRC location tracking at the link above, we will be posting real-time updates and pics throughout contingency and tech. tomorrow as well as the actual the race on Sat...
  11. cfyca

Being the maiden voyage, we will also be after some media in the 1960 DSR1! Assuming we make it of course.. Our entry form is in and money is sent, there are just a couple things out of our control we are contingent upon! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. cfyca

One can only hope! I am working on the car 8-12 hours /day 5-6 days a week right now to finish it, there are just a few things out of our control. I think if we can get the suspension and axle issues worked out we will be fine. We still aren't in the clear though. A lot of work to do in the next...
  13. cfyca

Hey Rich, I'm no expert (haven't ever ran a BITD race either), but I do know that the race and start/finish is out by Jean, NV and the tech/contingency is on Fremont street, which is just north of The Strip in downtown Vegas. They are probably 30mins a part in a car on I-15. I believe...
  14. cfyca

Rockstar Racing Girls Video

Sweet video, I really like the camera's position! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. cfyca

sr1 wiring question

I'm guessing Ben would like to know why you are even reading the volts at the coils. Unless you got it all hooked up, then checked the voltage before even trying to turn it over or start it. There is a ton of R1 knowledge and experience on here, but you need to spill the beans about what is...
  16. cfyca

BITD 2012 Season DSR1 Build

Thanks Rich! Yeah the frame is super beefy, but it sure isn't the lightest design.. I have read your build post from start to finish and got some ideas from your pics, it is looking good! That would be sweet if you made it to the Mint and V2R. We are planning on doing all the BITD races from...
  17. cfyca

A couple more Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. cfyca

The progress over the last couple of weeks.. We got the interior pretty much finished minus a few small adjustments and cutting the holes for the gauges, intercom, and radio. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out! Now we are headed to the outside of the car, starting with the...
  19. cfyca

Yamaha 09 Crossplane SR1 Build

That thing is going to be so SICK!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. cfyca

Bob, what offset/backspace are you going to run on your wheels? I want to increase width as much as we can, but don't want the rotors and calipers hanging out of the wheel, or flirt with width restrictions?
  21. cfyca

Sweet! We will get our tires and wheels on their way than.. I can't wait for the Mint either, I just want to work on this thing all day, every day to get it done so we can start testing it! Unfortunately, that isn't feasible. :( We will have it together soon enough..
  22. cfyca

The R1 came alive today!! Man... I cannot wait to get it together and take it out for testing! DSR1 start up - YouTube Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. cfyca

PM sent! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  24. cfyca

Sounds good.. How did the fronts fit up? Hopefully everything went well and we will have those babies soon!
  25. cfyca

Pretty much spent all week building a 4-2-1 collector that bolts onto the stock headers and an aluminum air box that fits on top of the stock air box to use with our UMP air cleaner. We did have sometime this weekend to work a little on the interior panels. Got the floor and dash almost done...
  26. cfyca

All UTV's My new DSR1 Build

Another one! :D What are your plans for it? When do you think it will be finished?
  27. cfyca

Wow those look beefy! Can't wait to get our set, hopefully the test fit-up goes well today. I'm a little sketchy about the BYU propaganda under them though, if you need me to send down some U shwag just let me know.. :D
  28. cfyca

Worked on the car this weekend while waiting for the Parker updates. :) got the steering done, the dash and tunnel support tubes in, and the shifter remounted on the tunnel support. Now we just need to mount up the UMP air cleaner and RaceAir pumper, then it is onto the sheet metal work and...
  29. cfyca

2012 BITD Parker 250 Pics & Results by UTVUnderground.com

Pics look awesome.. Can't wait for the GoPro videos to start rollin' in!
  30. cfyca

2012 BITD Parker 250 Updates

Sweet turnout, hopefully it is a preview of what's to come in 2012! Can't wait for the pics and updates to start rolling in
  31. cfyca

Sure is! Quite the race to end up shaking it out in aye? We are hoping to have it finished the end of Feb./first of Mar. so we have some trail time to hopefully work out some of the bugs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  32. cfyca

The R1 showed a little life today.. :) It's not too far from running now! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. cfyca

It's been a minute since an update. We have been working on it through the holidays, which has been nice. Pretty much got the back of the car together. Now we are on to the little things that take forever! Just need to get a couple hose fittings, etc. and the exhaust finished and we should be...
  34. cfyca

Yamaha Project silverbullet liftoff!!

It is tough to tell from the pics, but I think it might be pretty tight. From the center of the axles/bearing carrier you have roughly 13" forward until you get into the width of the engine. Unfortunately, the engine gets wide fast after that 13". From there you will need around 18.5" of...
  35. cfyca

Thanks Bobby! I am pretty pleased with the way everything has gone together considering the tools we have to work with.. I have been playing with the bike harness a little bit just identifying the plugs and getting them rearranged so it is a little cleaner. As soon as we get the rear tubes...
  36. cfyca

Some pretty good progress over the weekend... Got both seats in, pedals mounted, shift tower fabbed up, and a horizontal foot bar for the passenger to brace themselves into the seat. Now we will start wrapping up the rear-end and getting the wiring straightened out. I am hoping we will be able...
  37. cfyca

Henderson DSR1 race summary

Does this mean you aren't going to have your first set done in time to run on your car in Parker? I wanted to see how they did! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  38. cfyca

Look at that.. Let's get these babies done! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  39. cfyca

I have a stock rear hub, but not the arms.. If you need it let me know and I can send it down your way. We are moving forward, I think it will start coming together a lot faster now that we are past the majority of the fab work. Now it is largely just sheet metal work and electrical to get it...
  40. cfyca

Bonneville Off Road Racing 2012 Schedule

I have a couple questions.. - On the Wendover night race, will the SxS run with the cars and trucks at night, or will they start in the morning with the bikes? - What class will accomodate the BITD DSR1 cars? I would hope they would fit into the UTV A Open under 1300cc; however, BITD allows...
  41. cfyca

After checking out everyone's rides in LV this weekend, we realized this thing is built like a tank. WOW! Hopefully we can get it geared down enough to compensate.. We have an extra 1/2" clearance between the bearing carrier and the skidplate due to our engine/swingarm mounting to 2.5" rather...
  42. cfyca

Not a ton of progress (going to watch the BITD Henderson 250 this weekend didn't help, although we got some great ideas and pointers from Bobby Raber and his DSR1 build)! We had the fuel cell mounted, but decided to re-configure what we were doing so that got scrapped. As soon as we get some...
  43. cfyca

Thanks! It is starting to look like something. We are still interested in those hubs, just keep me posted on them. What tire/wheel combo are you going to be running with them? I was also curious how you extended your wiring harness, and if you had any problems with resistance changing in the...
  44. cfyca

My dad and I have been working on this for a little while now. We started with Rupert14's old Rhino, then decided to cut it in half and convert it into a DSR1 car. Hopefully after seeing a couple extended car builds, other members will get excited about the DSR1 class and decide to build one...
  45. cfyca

DSR1 build with pics

Looking good! Can't wait to check it out. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  46. cfyca

DSR1 build with pics

Any new pics? How is the progress looking for next weekend, are you going to make it?!
  47. cfyca

New guy from Utah

So are you pretty familiar with the wiring, etc.? We are just about to get started on wiring ours and I am definitely going to need some pointers. I think I can make it through with the help of WyattEarp on here, but local help is always nice too!
  48. cfyca

New guy from Utah

I am a noob to the whole SxS scene as well, so I don't really know too much about the BOR classes.. Unfortunately. I just know I was out at the Jericho race this year doing the dirtbike thing (in the processing of making the switch from DB's to SxS's) and the utvs out there looked fun as hell...
  49. cfyca

Henderson 250

So are you thinking your DSR1 is going to be back together? We are planning on coming down Thursday to check it out and spectate, I would love to check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000