Search results

1. S

Bruno Mars? Goin' riding instead

The Superbowl and Bruno Mars just don't intrigue me this year so we're going to run out to Dove Springs Sunday February 2nd. We're going to check out the Bonanza Trail out near Dove Springs. All I know is there are some old cabins and a possible post office to be explored. Beyond that I have no...
  2. S

Impromptu Freeway Ridge run

My buddy Mike and I decided Saturday afternoon to run up Freeway Ridge for a quick and easy day trip. Turned out that is not what the trail had in mind:eek: Put the song 12 Days of Christmas in your head. One broken speed sensor, one broken axle, one cut tire, many rocks a scraping.... Mike's...
  3. S

It's official!!

I'm a Californian! I went to the BLM a got a permit to have a campfire:rolleyes: WOW!! I don't know what you locals did to bring this on but good Lord! This is the most ridiculous (okay maybe not most) thing I've been subjected to:rolleyes: They are very serious about this too. She checked off...
  4. S

Nightmare Gulch Nov. 15th-17th

:DThe Short Bus rides again:D November 16th-17th we're going to Nightmare Gulch in Red Rock State Park. Tentatively planning to camp at Dove Springs Friday through Sunday. We'll tack on Last Chance Canyon and who knows what else. Weather permitting (not too cold) we'll do a night ride through...
  5. S

My wife approves

My wife and I are, to some degree, proper English Nazis. More her than me. Tom has felt her wrath. This to us is funny:D:D
  6. S

Happy Birthday!

7. S

Keyesville Saturday

I'm going to Keyesville area (near Lake Isabella) Saturday the 18th. Anyone interested in a day ride up there? It'll be kinda like a low rent Rally on the Rocks:D This is an exploratory ride to make sure that all is in order for the real thing :D:D
  8. S

Sticky?

Would it be a dumb idea to have a sticky for Stumpies videos? I find myself looking for them from time to time and it would be sweet if all of his works were in one spot right in the forum. Thoughts?
  9. S

Keyesville, LaFamilia Style

Okay all, we've been talking a lot about a Keyesville ride so lets put one together for Memorial Day weekend, May 25-27:D This area has everything from super easy riding to the hairy scaries. The hairy scaries in large part have bypasses. This is not an easy ride but if you want it to be very...
  10. S

Ranger axle

I'm looking for a front right axle for an 08 Ranger. If anyone has a stocker Polaris axle rolling around I'd be interest in buying it. 350 is pretty steep for a new one but I've learned about using other than factory axles for the time being. I'd like to stick with Polaris axles so if you have...
  11. S

Rhino Axles

So who in the H.E. double hockey sticks sells you an axle that does not sell boots for said axle?:mad::mad: Why that would be Super ATV, thats who! Last fall I purchased an axle from them and recently tore a boot, no big deal I thought, I'll just call Super ATV and get one on the way. I called...
  12. S

John Berry Ride pictures thread

Alrighty, I need to steal some pictures from some people for my album so lets post up a few.
  13. S

Keyesville 3-10 pics

Here are some pictures of the ride today. We did some exploring and found some good spots and revisited some tricky spots. We ran up to around 5500' and got into solid snow, 6-8" anyway. All in all a great day:D Terry coming up Freeway Ridge You'll never guess which way we chose...
  14. S

It was bound to happen.....

Today I went on a limit finding expedition. Found it!!
  15. S

Keysville Ride 3-10

We're going to Keyesville this Sunday. Today is raining in Bakersfield so it's likely snowing up there. The forecast calls for 70 degrees on Sunday in Lake Isabella so I'm betting the riding will be awesome:D Terrain up there varies from easy to very difficult, you never know what you'll get...
  16. S

KOH Camping

I have a friend heading down to the Hammers and he's looking for advice on where to camp. He's spectating and doesn't really want to be right in the middle of the ruckus as he has kiddos who need their zzz. Where should he be thinking of putting up camp? Anyone have a GPS location I can give...
  17. S

Nighmare gulch Pics

Wow, what a great ride! Great scenery, terrain and people. I got to meet some new people and we had a blast. We did Nightmare Gulch, Last Chance Canyon (you know who had to do the Wedge), Burro Schmidt tunnel, Bickel Camp and a talc mine. It was a good full day:) Taking a run through the...
  18. S

Need a JOBBOX

Does anyone have a JOBBOX or similar lockable box I can barrow for KOH? I need to lock up tools etc... and be able to lock said box into the truck. I don't need one very often so I'd really rather not buy one and have to store it. Thanks!
  19. S

Nightmare Gulch Ride!!

Nightmare Gulch closes at the end of the month until July:eek: A few people have expressed interest in making a pass through there so I say lets do it Saturday, January 26. Meet at the 1st staging area going into Dove springs ready to roll out at 9:30am. It's pretty chilly over there in the...
  20. S

Gold Mine!!

If the Short Bus ever finds itself in need of a new name I'm going to call it Gold Mine. This thing has been a gold mine of knowledge and learning from day one. :rolleyes: As soon as I get one thing fixed something else needs attended to. Before me and Marksbackhoe went exploring at Red Rocks I...
  21. S

Red Rock SP tomorrow

Myself an Marksbackhoe are going to run out to Red Rock SP tomorrow for a last minute quick day trip tomorrow. It won't be anything organized just screwing around. If anyone wants to join us we're planning to meet at the Jawbone ranger Station between 10:45 and 11:00am.
  22. S

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas everyone! You guys that are motoring out among the masses for New Years, be careful! We've got plenty of stories on each other already:D We'll see you on the next ride:D:D Chris, Mariah, Staci, Katelyn and Anabelle
  23. S

Caption contest!

Okay, there's no prize but lets see what you have anyway:D:D
  24. S

The super easy way!

Call me crazy but working on stuff is my idea of a good time. I really like doing the routine maintenance and repairs it takes to keep the high mileage Short Bus doing all that it does for me and the family. Sitting on a concrete floor however kinda stinks. With a $60,000 crane and a porta-cool...
  25. S

Split personality

Here are a few pictures from our trip to the most beautiful place on earth, Baja Montana (check is in the mail DuneDummy!). We've used other UTVs to spray but the Short Bus is so far the best suited for the work of carrying the 600 pounds of chemical, spray rig and water over some pretty rough...
  26. S

Keyesville 8-5

So me, Jim (Rzrcsi) and Sharon and some friends went to Keyesville near Isabella to do some exploring today and WOW! there is some great riding up there! Close to Bakersfield and good riding adds up to a good time! Hopefully Jim will add some pictures as his time permits. He had his GoPro...
  27. S

LPNF AAT

Hey guys I'm doing some fishing here. Truckndave and I are starting to look into an AAT in the Los Padres National Forest. The area we're thinking would get access to Piru Creek trail and get it opened up into Mutau Flats through Half Moon trail. It's not in stone as we still have to do some...
  28. S

The Short Bus under the knife

The Short Bus is under the knife again:rolleyes: A few of you might remember us stopping due to a mystery noise after the Miller Jeep trail ride. Here's the culprit. I'm blaming X-Pirate for this as he's the only one that drove it that trip beside me :D:eek: This is the thrust plate, it...
  29. S

Hungry Valley / Gorman

The Kern County UTV club is putting on a ride at Hungry Valley this Sunday the 24th. If you're interested you can find them on Facebook as Kern County UTV Club and comment on the post. They're a small group and the couple that's putting it on are great people. We unfortunately can't make it but...
  30. S

Keysville Ride

Al-righty, with the Miller Jeep Trail ride under our belts (awesome ride Dave) I'm thinking of doing some exploring around Keysville near Isabella. Maybe the weekend of July 7th? I know a little about the area but I've seen some guys posting that they know the area well, I'd be up for bringing...
  31. S

Skeletonized Short Bus

The next time your buddy calls you up and says 'hey man lets put some u joints in the front drive shaft of the Crew!' you should definitely help him. He will owe you big, like help you move kinda big :D I'd bet that the RZR 4 is about the same process unless you can sneak the shaft out...
  32. S

Moved home!

My name is Chris, we recently moved back to California from Wyoming. While we there we picked up the offroad bug. We're looking for a group to join that rides around Bakersfield and Southern California. We're a family of 5 and have a Ranger Crew, I also have a pit bike that appears to be retired...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000