Search results

1. N

2017 Baja 1000 - YOU PICK EM'! & OFFICIAL TRACKING THREAD

They’re in! But rat sult is too worried about finding a cell phone to go interview them...[emoji35] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. N

Live feed is on! Should be in soon... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. N

Please tell me somebody with a camera will be at the finish when Robby and max get there..! Looks like they’re 75 miles out as of now! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. N

Cafro is the closest he’s been to Brandon! Should be a good run to the finish!!!..... figures .. the one time I decide not to go chase them around Baja ! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. N

UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

Not to change direction on this thread but... Parker has been getting a monumental amount of rain the past 48 hrs and if it keeps up this will be awesome course conditions and no dust! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. N

Official UTVUnderground 2016 Baja 1000 Update Thread

Tracking has definitely given us some new advantages for the racer/chaser... we were getting better feed back from texts in the states than our race radios and sat phones! I am stoked that murrays got the championship if anyone deserves it it's them (and I'm secretly a can am fan myself) just...
  7. N

Murray I believe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. N

We actually pulled the filter at rm 209 thinking that was the problem. I believe the pump might have cracked at the pick up in the cell. Seemed to be cavitation for starvation for fuel but the pump was still running. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. N

Badassmav, I was the primary "crew chief" for Cafro. At our pit at rm 210 we knew where Burnett was and gave the info, our car was already developing a fuel delivery problem(that at rm 700 finally timed out our race). From 200 on the car would only run 60 mph or less. I had time splits on...
  10. N

Baja 500 Wagers

6 out of 16 actually... 4th in turbo class Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. N

Turbo or n.a. For new car build score and bitd?

I was at San Felipe helping these guys... They entered their NA car in turbo hoping for a higher car count (bigger purse) they ended up 3rd turbo and 3rd oa... And this car is for sale by the way! Their finishing new car. I was at magnum today discussing the new car and I believe that I'm going...
  12. N

This is definitely the smartest route for sure seeing how things are going in the classes! Just don't want to throw money at a used car now and take it till there's no return on it...based on the reason somebody's already realized it capabilities are limited... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. N

Thanks for the input and ideas! Not sure if I want to go the used car route(not saying these cars aren't top line cars) I just have some ideas I want to use on whatever I decide to build. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. N

I actually looked at his car a little bit and I've got a friend selling his 2 seater also... This isn't my first go at desert racing, I've raced score and bitd in pro Moto for years... Also in a 5/1600 and a 10 car in Baja and more... I've owned and raced utvs since the rhino days. This will be...
  15. N

I'm only going to do select bitd races and focus more on score... I know I'm backwards on that but my real enjoyment is racing Baja, nothing stateside compares in my opinion. And car counts are down in score right now I was at San Felipe and I think there was 7 in each class. I know that'll grow...
  16. N

This is my concern, long term (I know that's a relative term in utv racing) class turn out. Goal would be to be ready for Parker blue water, I'm sure it'll have plenty of cars in na this year but will it fall of by next season?? On the other side, how long will it take for the bugs to be worked...
  17. N

As it states, I'm trying to make an educated decision before starting a new build. Currently looking at thads roller chassis or magnums new desert car. Where do you racers see the class going? Will there be an NA class in the next year? I know cognito is killing it in his NA car right now but...
  18. N

San Felipe 250 Tracking ?

here is Cafro 2975 at the finish... Think we were about 30 min behind the murrays . Not bad for an n/a car that lost the front diff a mile off the start! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. N

Hey new guy here

Yeah they look really big on the 2 seaters! My place is just down the road from you on rio vista up the hill. I'll be out there on the 23rd then I'm taking the car to shock therapy that Monday. We'll be out for the 425 after that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. N

Hey new guy here

I think I've seen your car out there, you're by the keys across from circle k right? We're out there every other weekend we'll have to hook up... How do you like the 32s ? I'm debating because I'll have to get 15s and I didn't want the extra weight... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. N

Who's your favorite Polaris clutch guy

Hey killer toy, I just saw your other post about running your car mostly in Parker. I keep mine there also, your set up sounds almost exactly like mine and I'm also considering 32s. I was out there for the sxs race and prerun last weekend also. Have you done any shock work on your car? I have...
  22. N

New from Hemet, Ca

Welcome from another Hemet guy! Where do you Normally ride? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. N

Looking to get into Racing...Need Help!

Pure desert series in California city this Saturday night... 150 miles in the dark! Good grass roots series to start in for sure... Race my maverick all last year in this series and it was pretty stock! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. N

A new fox edition build...

Just a couple pics and a list of the guys that helped with the build! Thanks to... Jaime at method wheels, Doug at TMW off-road, Aaron at PRP seats, Jon at WOLF designs, and nick at utv inc.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. N

Remembering Wally World..

Oddly enough I never got to hang out with Wally in the sxs industry, I knew him from his years of custom painting and the desert racing scene...I grew up in constant amazement of his designs and painting skills! He was part of an elite group of guys that inspired me to become a painter myself...
  26. N

Desert storm Lake Havasu 2014....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. N

Ya you and me both @state farm 1953 mines good to 70 not much after that! Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. N

Heading out weds morning! Haven't missed one the last 5 years... We'll be watching this year though.... Probably watch them head out from the channel then head up to pirates cove... Would be cool to meet up with some utv guys while were there! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. N

Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

Great! Thank you, we will see you there.... Heading out right now Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. N

Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

Will you have sd cards for the hds7 with the course on them? Can we get the files other than by email from Lou? Just got new GPS and need the card and hopefully some help with programming it.... Rookie with GPS..... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. N

Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

Obviously based on my results, I'm not a fan of that..... lol... But I'd really like to see the qualifying deal happen... It was supposed to happen on the last couple races and never did. I think that might help the spreading out on the course with the faster guys not bottle necking really quick...
  32. N

Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

I've done starts like this before, 2 cars side by side every 30 seconds... Works well, definitely a crowd pleaser. Lou will have to keep track of timing a little different but I'd be up for trying it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. N

Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

1018 is back up and running, ready to go! Ripped the lower a arm mount off at the ditch right after mile 12! I was feeling the same about the land rush start until we drew 11 off the line... 10 sec intervals suck! Would have rather taken my chances with the land rush!.... I think Lou does a...
  34. N

Maverick xrs play/race build

Thanks for the info guys. Been working on the car last couple weeks getting it ready for desert season...
  35. N

Official "Thread" for the DWT PURE "250" Presented by SXSPerformance.com --

Maybe my point didn't come across right... What I was trying to state was, multiple people had made the comment that they were amazed that we could make it around w/o GPS. What I mentioned was that when racing bikes you really work on course memorization during prerunning, and a 40 mi course...
  36. N

Sorry for the delay in updates... Got the cage and doors done, added in a few safety items~ belts, nets, extinguisher, Parker pumper.... Built a front bumper and installed a set of toughlight led lights. Changed it up a bit and went with gmz tires and beadlock wheels which work awesome. Got...
  37. N

Official "Thread" for the DWT PURE "250" Presented by SXSPerformance.com --

I'm not sure how to put this without anybody being offended, but I don't really see the need for a GPS on a 40 loop that you go around 6 times and also get to Prerun as many times as you'd like. I'm a bike guy, been racing desert behind handlebars for quite a few years. i raced mostly hare and...
  38. N

Need a maverick belt at the pure 250 race!

I guess it was worth the 170 mi round trip to Victorville to get a belt, looks like we got the overall! First time racing the series and we had a blast! My wife got to ride co pilot and finally see what it's like to race desert, I think she's hooked now!
  39. N

Yes, actually on our way back from Victorville with one. Called Fred Cummings, they didn't have one. Thank you for the offer much appreciated, we'll see you out there!
  40. N

As is said, I'm in need of a belt for our maverick out here in cal city. Burned ours up prerunning, if anybody knows if someone has a spare close by, or a place around that might have one please let me know! Thanks
  41. N

*** Hot New Items *** By Rugged Radios

Hi guys, had a question. I bought your intercom and headset kit (with iPod hook up) I was wondering if there was a cable adapter to hook up to my race helmets, they are the single pin quick disconect type wired up by pci. Any info would be great, getting ready to start racing it, just need to...
  42. N

Official Thread for the DWT PURE "350" Presented by SXSPerformance.com

Looking forward to coming out and spectating this weekend... Should have the maverick ready to go for the September race, really like the layout you guys are doing with these races! Is the sept. race going to go into the night also? Want to set up lights now if it is...
  43. N

Off Road Nights returning to Temecula.

We'll definitely be there, it's about a mile from my shop. Maybe I'll bring out the maverick if the cage is done....:cool:
  44. N

Hello everybody newbie from so cal here

I actually spend a lot of time in Parker az. but definitely ocotillo and we're doing our first trip to pismo beach in a couple weeks.
  45. N

Thanks for the welcomes everybody, looking forward to getting out and riding. The maverick is getting cage and doors right now hopefully she'll be home soon for pics...
  46. N

Had my maverick for about 6 months Now, and I've beat on it pretty hard inc. some prerunning and hard desert terrain So far in stock form she held up very well almost 1000 mi. No problems... So of course it's time to rip it apart! Dropped it off today at Madigan Motorsports for...
  47. N

Hey everyone, new to the site but not to the utv thing... Been playing with side by sides since before the rhino days. Anyways just picked up my maverick and wanting to find some new people and places to check out...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000