Search results

1. S

Aussie now with an X3,........... and an Odes 800

Thanks mate, I'll check out a couple of aftermarket suppliers and see what they have. Im thinking maybe an aftermarket performance belt, series spec cage & safety gear and possibly some race specific suspension tuning to get me started and then fix what breaks after that. Appreciate your...
  2. S

2014 odes dominator 4 door hard to get into gears

Hey bud, Ive got a 2 door around the same age. Occasionally I have had issues selecting gears and have seem to have it sorted now. Try holding your foot on the brake and giving the throttle a 'blip' or 2 in the closest selectable gear. This acts similar to rocking the vehicle and has worked for...
  3. S

Thanks for the reply mate. I fully agree, safety first, Im not in a position physically to leave things to chance anymore. I do accept the risk of injury again but if I have the ability to mitigate or minimize something occurring I will. I've been very lucky to retain my job after the accident...
  4. S

Hi all, its been a while so I thought I'd start at the beginning again. Since last posting here things have changed a bit for me, July '16 I had a moto accident while doing a 12hr enduro in preparation for the 50th B1K. As a result I have permanently lost most of the use of my left arm due to...
  5. S

Yeah, you are probably right. I do sympathize with him though, the Odes dealer over here leave a lot to be desired as well. I will refuse to go back to our local dealer, would rather it rust in the shed than go back. They sell because they are cheap, not due to their reputation so I guess...
  6. S

Some pics: Ducati mufflers tucked up under the tray Side intrusion bars welded in to help for now And slightly off topic, I came over to the states last year and went down to baja with a mate and raced the B1K. Im the fella on the left.
  7. S

Hey there John, thanks for using my 'Introduce yourself' thread to vent. I do appreciate your feelings towards your local guys and gals but perhaps starting your own thread for this sort of thing might be more appropriate? Sorry to hear of your(?) circumstances, I hope they Improve. While Im...
  8. S

You guys are more than welcome to stay and have a look around. The dunes for the most part aren't anything special but there are a few nice spots here and there.
  9. S

Surprisingly no, it doesnt feel too bad actually. To be honest, once moving i dont give it a second thought. It does feel much wider to the right when driving thru tight stuff but I reckon it would be the same feeling even if the wheel was on the right side looking across to the left. I think...
  10. S

Thanks mate Got the utv back from the shop last week, not as bad as first thought with the smoke. Apparently a rubber grommet protecting some wiring came loose on one of the engine cases and was allowing some oil to splash out on to the exhaust causing the smoke. The clutch was fine, everything...
  11. S

Yeah, no stress, would be happy to show him around the area. Just north of Sydney is Newcastle which has the Stockton Dunes, probably the most popular/well known dunes we have. One of the few areas to be able to legally be one the dunes but last time I checked vehicles still needed to be...
  12. S

Cool, saw the snake racing crew up at Finke. Checked out the UTV's at scrutineering, cant have been an easy ride thru the whoops in one of those things, even running the 4 seater version. What times did they end up with this year? Will have to check out what snake sell, didnt think of them...
  13. S

https://www.google.com.au/mapmaker?ll=-38.267298,141.483307&spn=0.342333,0.793076&t=h&z=11&vpsrc=6&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=relatedproducts_maps&utm_source=mapseditbutton_normal The above should give you map of the area Im in. I live in Portland, the dunes to the west is where I would...
  14. S

Yes and no, there some places to ride but it is not as well orginised as what you guys have. Quads and UTV style vehicles are pretty much knackered in terms of riding crown land. These vehicles can not be road registered in any form and only used on certain public roads by farmers and primary...
  15. S

Engine wise, its supposed to have Delphi EFI which I have heard is a good thing? Below is the ad for it with a few details: http://www.atomik.com.au/utv-800cc-4x4.html The LED lights work fantastic, way above what I was expecting, the roof its bolted to on the other hand not so good. Pretty...
  16. S

Hi all, thought I'd join up and hello. Not having a popular or American brand, even worse having an Odes I wasnt too sure about joining as some seem to have very strong views about the 'cheap stuff' but Ive read some comments here that show a few are open minded, fun is fun, doesnt always...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000