“Wild Lands†Designation Threatens Access

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Call and write your federal lawmakers now!

On Dec. 22, 2010, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar signed Secretarial Order 3310creating a new land-use designation called "Wild Lands" that essentially allows officials in the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to manage public land as if it had received a "Wilderness" land-use designation from Congress, but without requiring congressional approval. This new policy may restrict responsible off-highway riding in the affected areas.

TAKE ACTION!!! Two minutes can make a difference!

Action Alert and more information here . . . American Motorcyclist Association - Wild Lands designation threatens access

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
A Rose by any other name! This one stinks to high heaven! It is the same as "Just shit up and do as I say" nanny state crap and I still want the constitutional bases for all this cutting out public use and equal access under the 14th amendment! Not to mention the 10th and state rights! WAKE UP AND STOP VOTING FOR PROGRESSIVES AND LIBERALS AND YES DUMOCRATS!
There have been many Acts of Congress whose exact intent and purpose was to prevent actions such as this. There are discussions of same in the first two or three pages of this site: America's Great Outdoors IdeaJam

I would encourage everyone who is concerned about the very things you mention to act upon this Action Alert and then visit the site mentioned above, register and get in the fight!!!

Here's my letter to Elected Federal Officials representing the State in which I reside.

"As a constituent and concerned responsible motorized outdoor recreationist, I urge you to oppose a new land-use designation called “Wild Landsâ€, Secretarial Order 3310 that essentially allows officials in the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to manage public land as if it had received a "Wilderness" land-use designation from Congress, but without requiring congressional approval. The new policy will likely result in further restrictions of responsible off-highway riding in the affected areas.

A Wilderness designation is one of the strictest forms of public land management. Once Congress designates an area as Wilderness, nearly all forms of non-pedestrian recreation are illegal. This new policy has far-reaching implications because the BLM manages about 245 million acres of public land nationwide.

With the new "Wild Lands" policy, the Department of the Interior and the BLM are now seeking to usurp congressional authority and hence we the people in public land designations. I encourage you to reach out to the administration and urge them to work with Congress, affected user groups, such as the American Motorcyclist Association, and local and state elected officials for input.

In my opinion, Secretarial Order 3310 violates the 1976 Federal Land Policy and Management Act which states in part that “The Secretary may not: make a withdrawal which can be made only by Congress; modify or revoke any withdrawal adding lands to the National Wildlife Refuge System.â€

Only congress can make “Wilderness†type designations.

On behalf of many friends and families who recreate together responsibly, I ask that you oppose any attempts by the administration to usurp congressional authority regarding the disposition of public lands designations.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this important issue."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000