20 Seconds to get back 43 Million Acres

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Go here and cast a “YES†vote . . . WSJ: Should 40 million acres land removed federal protection opened mining...

This poll is the Wilderness Society’s way of trying to influence our Public Servants by editorializing issues, don’t let them do it!!!

The following is what the poll is about; a “YES†vote is a vote FOR multiple use access including motorized recreation!

H.R. 1581 & S. 1087: Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011

“A bill to release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are not suitable for wilderness designation from continued management as de facto wilderness areas and to release inventoried roadless areas within the National Forest System that are not recommended for wilderness designation from the land use restrictions of the 2001 Roadless Area Conservation Final Rule and the 2005 State Petitions for Inventoried Roadless Area Management Final Rule, and for other purposes.â€

This legislation attempts to release 43 million acres of Public Land back to the public for multiple-use and strip the Secretary of the Interior of the ability to lock up more land via his December 22, 2010 self proclaimed Secretarial Order 3310.

Please BUMP this thread for fellow forum members when you've voted YES!

Reactions: 1 person

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Many thanks to those who have engaged!!

We all know that one WSJ poll isn’t necessarily going to change the world or our RAPIDLY diminishing OHV access . . . but if folks won’t turn out to engage the enemy when a quick, simple, minor opportunity presents itself . . . what in the hell will they turn out to fight for???

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
I voted, but look at some of the comments! This is what drives me nuts! One A-hole liberal from Washington state (LEFT) jumping some Jeeper for wanting the land open! First he is in Washington State! MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS we are screwed up enough in California! Next he says he owns a Jeep! People here and other forums never make the connection between who wants the trails closed and who is closing them!

WAKE UP VOTERS! WAKE UP OFF-ROADERS, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR THE LEFT AND CONTINUE TO ENJOY OUR SPORT! YOU CAN'T VOTE UNIONS AND SUPPORT THOSE WHO WOULD LOVE TO SEE US GONE! WAKE UP!
Yup, I especially love when the people from NY jump in. Hell, let's get something going to lock up Central Park!!!

We finally beat my Rep. Lungren into submission and he is a last minute co-sponsor of H.R. 1581. I've beat on our Senators repeatedly via every method known to man, but since one of them and her husband are members of The Wilderness Society, well . . .

Just for fun folks, really, try this . . .

Wilderness Society relationship map - Muckety

Double-click that “x†in the “34 Governing Council Member†box at the top of the diagram and start checking last names! Then do the same thing for any that catch your eye.

Oh, and then there are the other "main" boxes in the first diagram with the same little "x".

Be prepared to have your eyes bulge out as you continue expanding boxes and have a puke bag handy!!! :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000