Yamaha 2007 RHINO 660 WON'T MOVE

MRPAT920

I'm drunk, always - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
THANKS DOUG. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP. I CAN BRING IT TO YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. THE PRIMARY SHEAVE SPINS BUT THE BELT DOES NOT MOVE.
its going to be your sheave or inner sheave half they are worn out..before it stoped moving where you losing top speed or you accelerated more just to get the rhino moving???

this is from the service manual

EBS00543​
FAULTY CLUTCH PERFORMANCE​
ENGINE OPERATES BUT VEHICLE WILL NOT MOVE
V-belt​
•​
Bent, damaged or worn V-belt

•​
V-belt slips

Primary pulley cam and primary pulley
slider​
•​
Damaged or worn primary pulley cam

•​
Damaged or worn primary pulley slider

Transmission​
•​
Damaged transmission gears

CLUTCH SLIPPING
Clutch spring​
•​
Damaged, loose or worn clutch shoe spring

Clutch shoe​
•​
Damaged or worn clutch shoe

Primary sliding sheave​
•​
Seized primary sliding sheave

POOR STARTING PERFORMANCE
V-belt​
•​
V-belt slips

•​
Oil or grease on the V-belt

Primary sliding sheave​
•​
Faulty operation

•​
Worn pin groove

•​
Worn pin

Clutch shoe​
Bent, damaged or worn clutch shoe

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
its going to be your sheave or inner sheave half they are worn out..before it stoped moving where you losing top speed or you accelerated more just to get the rhino moving???

this is from the service manual

EBS00543
FAULTY CLUTCH PERFORMANCE
ENGINE OPERATES BUT VEHICLE WILL NOT MOVE
V-belt

•
Bent, damaged or worn V-belt
•

V-belt slips
Primary pulley cam and primary pulley
slider
•

Damaged or worn primary pulley cam
•

Damaged or worn primary pulley slider
Transmission
•

Damaged transmission gears
CLUTCH SLIPPING
Clutch spring
•

Damaged, loose or worn clutch shoe spring
Clutch shoe
•

Damaged or worn clutch shoe
Primary sliding sheave
•

Seized primary sliding sheave
POOR STARTING PERFORMANCE
V-belt
•

V-belt slips
•

Oil or grease on the V-belt
Primary sliding sheave
•

Faulty operation
•

Worn pin groove
•

Worn pin
Clutch shoe

• Bent, damaged or worn clutch shoe

YES I HAVE LOST TOP SPEED & IT WOULD TAKE A LOT TO START MOVING. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON AN AFTERMARKET SHEAVE? I WOULD LIKE MORE TOP END BUT DON'T WANT TO LOSE LOW END & TAKE OFF SPEED?

MRPAT920

I'm drunk, always - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
YES I HAVE LOST TOP SPEED & IT WOULD TAKE A LOT TO START MOVING. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON AN AFTERMARKET SHEAVE? I WOULD LIKE MORE TOP END BUT DON'T WANT TO LOSE LOW END & TAKE OFF SPEED?
[/LEFT]

i would check with some of the vendors here what they have to offer but i have runned the UTV inc sheave in the past and was happy with their machined sheave :)

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
i would also get a inner sheave or fixed half sheave not sure what they call it im sure they have them in stock as well ...good luck bud
THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INFO LOUIE. I CAN CHANGE PARTS OUT BUT I AM NOT THAT MECHANICAL. I AM SO GLAD THIS SITE HAS SUCH HELPFULL & INFORMATIVE MEMBERS WHO DON'T JUDGE YOU OR RIDICULE YOU FOR ASKING QUESTIONS.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
If you would like to try and replace it with another oem unit I may have one here lying around the shop you can have. Lot's of Rhino parts, no Rhino's lol!
THANKS DAN. THAT WOULD BE GREAT ESPECIALLY SINCE I DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD AFTERMARKET PARTS. THANK YOU AGAIN. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE DASH PANEL YOU GAVE ME. I NEED SOME MAGNUM OFFROAD STICKERS TO SHOW YOU SOME LOVE.

Last edited:

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I have one of my guys going through our pallet racks, I'll let you know what I come up with!

Now this is what this site is all about!!!:cool:

Dan, thanks for helping Ronnie and Jenne, I can't think of 2 more deserving people. Good show!!!

x2 on the stickers. I'd be happy to fly them on my RZR-S.

Dan... (BTW, nice name!):D

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I'm not sure why you would need to replace the primary sheave unless the rollers flopped out an damaged it. Usually it's just replace rollers grease and cam plate. Check the inner sheave to be sure the applies aren't stripped.

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Alright, searched high and low and cannot locate my oem sheeve that I know I still have. Do me a favor, check your sheeve and make sure that that is indeed the piece you need to replace. If so, I have a buddy that has one in his garage that he said I can come and grab. I have no problem driving out and grabbing it for you and shipping it down your way.

Here at UTVUG, we take care of our own!:D

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Alright, searched high and low and cannot locate my oem sheeve that I know I still have. Do me a favor, check your sheeve and make sure that that is indeed the piece you need to replace. If so, I have a buddy that has one in his garage that he said I can come and grab. I have no problem driving out and grabbing it for you and shipping it down your way.

Here at UTVUG, we take care of our own!:D
THANKS DAN. I AM FEELING SICK BUT I WILL TRY & CHECK IT OUT OVER THE WEEKEND & LET YOU KNOW MONDAY.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000