Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
1. JaggedX-Polaris
2. Parks-Polaris
3. Frazier-Polaris
4. Lindberg-Yamaha
5. Murray-Canned Ham

These were the only finishers fwiw. JaggedX finish time was around 13 hours and 20 minutes, Parks was about 3.5 hours behind Jagged and no idea on overall times for any other finishers. We (Jagged) are on our way back right now, almost to Vegas...I'll post a race report later to share our experiences. We had some problems early, but everything went pretty smoothly at the end. We did finish as the sun was going down, so we sort of met our goal for the race.:D
Mike

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
So what is people's analysis then that only RZR's were in the top 3, and only 5 finishers, obviously a hard race for one.

But with the RZR's.

Were they all XP's?
Was that a lack of other entries against them?
People mainly have taken up the new XP as their Racer for the year?
So is it trailing link suspension is the key?
Is it the availability of aftermarket parts i.e. >than other models?
Is it Polaris factory support?

If its the RZR's trailing suspension thats the factor, will the Arctic Cat suddenly become a part of the finish line or podium next year?

All important questions for us in Australia as a brand new market.

So I'll look forward to people breaking that down :D:D

Arrive home safe peeps. ;)

Gavin

PS Joey pls feel free to direct the answers and initial question at a new thread when people can be pointed to it, I'm not up on the technicalities yet of moving things around but I wanted people who took part or spectated to see this post.

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
There were only 2 XP's in the race fwiw...Parks is in a RZR-4. Trailing arms may be a part of the equation, but the CannedHam also has trailing arms fwiw. I don't think Polaris has any more aftermarket support than any other manufacturer. Obviously, only time will tell if the Artic Cat will be competitive when they become available and someone is able to build, test, and race one.
There are certainly ALOT of factors that go into a successful race including build, prep., pit support, driver, ability to overcome problems during the race, etc.
Mike

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
Thanks Mike so a RZR 4 beat a XP Home huh?

But like you said in a Race so many factors.

To assess the data better may really have to take it back to something like the guys on on the Drive shows that cut the same lap in different vehicles.

So no real outcome of data on such a small sample group.

Interesting to hear that the Can Am was converted to rear trailing arm. I wonder if anyone got some pics on it or if it was a member from here?

The Can Am looks like a pretty strong Ute as stock but doesn't look like it would be all that "nimble" on a corner I wouldnt mind a drive of one to check it.

Bloody nice looking kit there but, not many pics of the SXS's.

How many SXS's started that only 5 finished? Is it a set finish time I take it?

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
first v2r for me and it was a blast....got to meet some great new friends. i didnt get to race but got to help some friends battle through....watch out for the toast justin!!!!!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
first v2r for me and it was a blast....got to meet some great new friends. i didnt get to race but got to help some friends battle through....watch out for the toast justin!!!!!
V2R was definatly a great time! I just got home after the long drive. I will have to say it was roller coaster ride, a little frustration, anger, a little disappointment, then alot of laughter :D

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
V2R was definatly a great time! I just got home after the long drive. I will have to say it was roller coaster ride, a little frustration, anger, a little disappointment, then alot of laughter :D
all in all it was a great experience, thanks to everyone involved with team cognito :) Next year:D

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
This race was very rocky and tough on all the vehicles. Its hard to narrow down success or failure to one thing, it mainly comes down to a well prepared team, well tested machine, good driving, and a little luck.

I know the jagged team and parks have great machines and the ability to keep them going. Our new commander is still getting the bugs worked out, it can fully compete, we only had vapor locking issues, and kept loosing power. Once we address this issue we will be able to go head to head.

The new side by sides are great and will only be getting better. Look to see the outcome in the next few races.............

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Just want to say thank you to the Schuelers and the Jagged X team for giving me a ride back to Vegas and entertaining me the whole 8 hours!

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
all i know is v2r got the best of me and the team again. We started off ok had some temp issues got them fixed and then the fun of the nagging fuel problem it would run for 2 to 3 miles then shut off then 10 min later it would run fine for 2 to 3 miles. When we got to pit #3 we changed the fuel pump and filters and had a electrical surge and popping fuses we figured that out real quick and sent them on the way not even 4 miles out the fuel problem started again. i give nick frankie rusty and chip credit they didn't quit or give up we worked trying to get to the goldfeild pit but we came up short on time it took 14 hours to go 152 miles. So now the gator is being cleaned up as we speak and then time to go testing again to see what the heck the problem was see you all at parker but hope to see you at some of the Desert People 9 /FAST-aid events in september

ATVist

UTVist
Apr 7, 2011
Trier/ Germany
www.utvmagazin.de
What kind of a problem did "my" team have? On the pics one of the Terrible Herbst sits in the window - guys your are right, my family name is Herbst :).
There are still one of us in Germany. Would be interesting to find out about the roots of the other part of the family. ;)

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Here is a little video I found on RDC.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Z1j7j3gks&feature=player_embedded"]2011 BITD V2R UTVs.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000