2011 BITD TSCO Vegas to Reno Pictures & Videos

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
all i know is v2r got the best of me and the team again. We started off ok had some temp issues got them fixed and then the fun of the nagging fuel problem it would run for 2 to 3 miles then shut off then 10 min later it would run fine for 2 to 3 miles. When we got to pit #3 we changed the fuel pump and filters and had a electrical surge and popping fuses we figured that out real quick and sent them on the way not even 4 miles out the fuel problem started again. i give nick frankie rusty and chip credit they didn't quit or give up we worked trying to get to the goldfeild pit but we came up short on time it took 14 hours to go 152 miles. So now the gator is being cleaned up as we speak and then time to go testing again to see what the heck the problem was see you all at parker but hope to see you at some of the Desert People 9 /FAST-aid events in september
Sounds like you got tagged with vapor lock...hot desert + hot fuel pump will get ya! I'm sure you already know this, but make sure your fuel lines and pump are as far away from intake/exhaust manifold as possible. Not sure about BITD spec, but use as little metal fuel line as possible.

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
Just want to say thank you to the Schuelers and the Jagged X team for giving me a ride back to Vegas and entertaining me the whole 8 hours!
No problem Justin.

It just warmed my heart to see everyone get a good nights (day) sleep while maintained the speed limit and concentrated on driving the team home.

Blake

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Sounds like you got tagged with vapor lock...hot desert + hot fuel pump will get ya! I'm sure you already know this, but make sure your fuel lines and pump are as far away from intake/exhaust manifold as possible. Not sure about BITD spec, but use as little metal fuel line as possible.
OLD SCHOOL CURE FOR VAPORLOCK ON METAL FUEL LINES. WOODEN CLOSE PINS ON THE FUEL LINES. IT WORKED, THE WOOD DISSAPATED THE HEAT. I AM SURE EVERYONE KEEPS WOODEN CLOTHEPINS IN THEIR SIDEXSIDE.:D:D:D

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
No problem Justin.

It just warmed my heart to see everyone get a good nights (day) sleep while maintained the speed limit and concentrated on driving the team home.

Blake

UHHHHH. At what point did ANY of this transpire?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

SoCal

I'm a Toy Haulin Hooligan - UTVUnderground Approve
Jan 16, 2009
Orange Ca.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Joey, thanks for all the pictures. I would have liked to drive out and see some of the race for myself, so this make it a little more like I was there.
Thanks.
Bryan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000