2012 LOORRS Schedule

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
You know I have a longwinded opinion on all this but Im not sure this is the place. .
One thing that should be remembered about LOORRS is it's a higher profile series and it's easier to get sponsors for it. We went into debt up to our eyeballs the first year we raced CORR, because we paid for all of it ourselves. I was told in no uncertain terms (by a certain someone I live with - no names...lol) that if I wanted to race another year, I would have to find a sponsor/sponsors to pay for it. I did, and I did.

It also isn't a dead end series - if you have an interest in moving into another class (a TV class, for instance), there is plenty of potential from the UTV classes. If you want to drive off-road for a living, the potential is there. Also, don't forget, LOORRS pays back 5 places, too....most of this year I have won at least my entry fee back, if not gas money as well for the weekend. That definitely helps offset costs.

I'm thankful they didn't move the series to TX, or even farther back East, or WA.....Reno is do-able.

And you Cali folks have two local races now....nice! :)

WORCS is a good time....for sure....but the exposure just isn't there for my sponsors. I would have to foot that series by myself, pretty much. Having said that, I would love to make it to a few races in 2012 - here's hoping! :) I love that WORCS sticks to the Southwest for 2012, too.

Just happy we all have so many options......:)
LOL!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
THAT wasn't long-winded....lol! You obviously haven't seen me when I have a lot to say! :D

Rander637

The Worlds Fastest RZR's - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 22, 2009
So Cal
Good question? So you still staying in the UTV at LOORRS or has that runs its course?

Well if they combine classes like I've heard it makes my car uncompetitive, unless they allow the conversion in a Rzr also?

Guess im moving my utv program to Worcs and pro lite to Torc. Real disappointed in the Lucas series after supporting them these last three years..

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
RJ, why wouldn't you race Pro Lite in LOORRS?

Rander637

The Worlds Fastest RZR's - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 22, 2009
So Cal
RJ, why wouldn't you race Pro Lite in LOORRS?
I'd love too! But as of right now we have a lot of help to race out east and the pro lite out here is ran out of the old mans pocket for the most part, I have a feeling he's not gonna follow through with that one very long lol

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
If they combine classes it will most certainly kill the pro class turnout and we'll have what, maybe 6 to 8 SR1's on the track? With that said, it could run like the Super Lite program and that would be pretty sick. Especially if it drove costs down.

And ditto to what Corry had to say about the UTV program, and congratulations to you for all of your successes in UTV racing! ;)

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Yeah, I'm sure they "accidentally" overlapped on the biggest off road race of the year..:rolleyes:
Saw you on TV a few times in the truck, you go show them whats up from the west coast RJ. :cool::D Good luck

and it looks like your in bag for the UTV Championship this year! great job.

Rog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000