2012 SOBOBA GP Official Website & Entry form link.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
This race is less than 2 months away and we should get a RACER LIST going here on the UNDERGROUND!We are looking to beat 50plus UTV's in 2012.

2012 SOBOBA GP OPEN UTV LINE-UP

1. Daniel Fernandez, Yamaha Rhino 660
2. Shawheen Abdi, Polaris RZR XP 900
3. Ben Haines, Yamaha Rhino SR1
4. Tyrone, Polaris RZR 800

Last edited:

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I'd still like to make one of these....but don't add me yet. It will have to be a last minute decision for us....I'm NOT a fan of mud races - lol!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I'm still learning. What's the difference between Open & Unclassified UTV? I'm running a stock RZR 800
It's kind of weird how they have it set up but very simple!

1.Open is the main race on Sunday and for all the money.
BRING IT!

2.Unclassified is like a pre run on friday and is a blast to know what your comming up against.

As far as SR1's go,We will have to find that out this weekend at the meeting.I rule SR1's in for the money,lets see what they got?

DONT FORGET ABOUT THE JUMP AND PIT CHALLENGE CONTESTS!

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
I say the same! Two wheel drive, not able to use our power like on the big tracks.....sounds like we are the underdogs, if anything! ;):D

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
Some questions from someone that's never raced:

1) Do you have to have a pit crew?
2) How many spare tires do you need?
3) Is a chase truck needed?
4) How many drivers needed?
5) Can a four seater race?
6) Is a GPS receiver necessary?

That's all I can think of for now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
its always good to have all of those but i just lone wolf it all the way for now. its good to have spares and such just in case something happens BUT the GP races are more for fun and work with you.

4 seater can race. last GP and soboba was won by a bone stock rzr 4

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
You don't need any of that Sal. Just come out and race. You will need a fire suit, helmet, and window nets (both sides if your running a passenger).

Considering how long the race is this year, it would be a good idea to have 1 pit man, a jack and a spare front/rear tire. But really, if you have to change a tire, your way out of the contention to win, so the rest would just be for fun.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
and have a pressure washer handy. i hate mud to death but if there is a grain of mud that wants to turn into clay, CLEAN IT!!!

and of course, be safe

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Some questions from someone that's never raced:

1) Do you have to have a pit crew?
2) How many spare tires do you need?
3) Is a chase truck needed?
4) How many drivers needed?
5) Can a four seater race?
6) Is a GPS receiver necessary?

That's all I can think of for now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
1) You don't need a pit crew but could help when you have a flat tire.
2)I would bring 4 spares but 1 should be fine.
3) If you have a chase truck in the pit area it won't be able to leave that area until the race is over.
4)1 driver needed, ask Code R about the driver changes.
5)yes ,bring what you got and follow the safety requirements. Tech inspection is manditory.
6)no, there will be huge ruts just follow them.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
The full land rush start is in the works to be changed. What's everybody's thoughts on starting in rows with the chance to run the best lap.Soboba uses transponders and are talking about letting different rows take off at different times. Last year we picked out of a hat for starting positions just before the race.

Updated rules:
Mandatory: Fire suit,helmet,googles,gloves,4 point harness,roll cage,window nets and doors.

This will be required to race the Soboba GP 2012.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Actually the bottle necks have a better chance to happen when there's 50 cars in the way on the first turn. There should be plenty of room to pass on the course. This was something Soboba came up with, any other opinions?

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
So...they are talking about staggering the starts, and the winner will be the person with the fastest overall time? Like WORCS? I like this idea.....sometimes I think it's a matter of whoever gets the best start will win - this will even things up a bit and cut down on any clogs at the start. :)

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
100 percent correct, The SR1 should win if this is the case.Great example corry, it will make a even race based on times. I would love to hit the first turn with out worrying about 20 cars running into me to take me out of the race on the first turn.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
This race is less than 2 months away and we should get a RACER LIST going here on the UNDERGROUND!We are looking to beat 50plus UTV's in 2012.

2012 SOBOBA GP OPEN UTV LINE-UP

1. Daniel Fernandez, Yamaha Rhino 660
2. Shawheen Abdi, Polaris RZR XP 900
3. Ben Haines, Yamaha Rhino SR1
4. Tyrone, Polaris RZR 800
5. James Hill, ? IMG Motorsports.
I know for a fact there is more racers on this site that are racing SOBOBA GP , Lets keep the list going.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000