2013 Saboba GP Date???????

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
We had a few folks from our group last year that also had some issues with the tribe.

I think that while some tribesmen supported it, many didn't and it seemed to show when we interacted with some of the locals not directly related to the show.

I didn't have any issues myself, but my son and a friend of ours did, and it wasn't too kosher.

We'd like to run it because it's an awesome track, but I'd probably have to think twice about going back this year.

Dan ...:confused:

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
The tribe that needs to get on board with a GP style event would be Morongo, they have some cool areas for them, access friendly, and the tribe isnt hostile to outsiders.

I have heard simmering rumors of AMA D-37 GPs adding a UTV class for their GP series, but nothing concrete.
They do events at Glen Helen, Pala, The Ranch, Ridgecrest, Gorman, 29 Palms and Taft.
Might not happen in 2013 season but its comming.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
The tribe that needs to get on board with a GP style event would be Morongo, they have some cool areas for them, access friendly, and the tribe isnt hostile to outsiders.

I have heard simmering rumors of AMA D-37 GPs adding a UTV class for their GP series, but nothing concrete.
They do events at Glen Helen, Pala, The Ranch, Ridgecrest, Gorman, 29 Palms and Taft.
Might not happen in 2013 season but its comming.
Now you're talking!!!:D

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Well I have some bad news to report. Soboba 2013 is not going to happen. I spoke with the organizers today and they are going to try for 2014. I will keep everyone up to date if something changes.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Well I have some bad news to report. Soboba 2013 is not going to happen. I spoke with the organizers today and they are going to try for 2014. I will keep everyone up to date if something changes.
Man, that's no good. That was going to be my first race of the year again. I was planning on driving over from Alabama for this race and WORCS. We had a blast last year. I really hate that it's not going to happen this year.

-brit

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
Maybe we should put something together... you know like racers making races, we have enough friends and help to put on a gran prix race?

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
There are several places that could give you a nice GP format, The Ranch in Anza has a GP format track that would rock on UTV's.

Track is open for rental,
Twenty Nine Palms has a motorsports track that is used once a year for a GP that I am sure would be great for a UTV GP.

Lots of places, just need a organizer.

Like I said, I expect AMA's Big Six series to look at a UTV class soon for its series.
Taft, Ridgecrest, 29 Palms, Glen Helen, The Ranch, Pala, Gorman are race sites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000