///AIRDAM CLUTCHES is heading out west again!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
Hey guys just wanting to let you know, the Baja 500 is coming up and we are coming out west to test with some of our racers to make sure they are dialed in before the race. We will be there Tuesday May 24th somewhere around mid afternoon, thru Friday May 27th. We already have one or two committed so be sure to give me a shout on email to try to schedule a time when you can come out if you would like to test with us and make sure your clutches are dialed before the race as well. I know everyone just got out of the race this last weekend and will have tons of prep and repair to do before the Baja 500 but if you can get your car turned around and prepped and be out there one of the days i will be there i will be happy to give the car a once-over and get you dialed in. Please send me an email with your schedule and i will start getting you guys lined out and appointments set up to make sure i dont have too many folks at once. We come out and work all hours and will be glad to test with you day or night in Plaster City in Southern Cali.

[email protected]

Reactions: Glamisfan

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
Hey guys time is getting closer. Just another reminder if you want to get some testing time in at Plaster City before the Baja 500 i will be out a few days and i love making stuff go fast. shoot me an email if you would like to nail down some testing and tuning time

#xpwarrior

Aug 24, 2015
Adam, do you have any clutch rebuild kits coming with you for the stock Polaris clutch? Our race car had an incident at Laughlin. The cover housing was melted but we didn't think it affected the clutch. Turns out the bushings melted together and the rollers didn't fair so well.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
unfortunately the XP1000 primary isnt rebuildable. i have bought the rebuild kits from EPI and Straighline performance and they dont replicate the stock parts very well. the Graphite composite sliders in the primary i can replace, i have quite a few clutches that i could rob them out of. the rollers in the spyder are the first thing to wear out in the primary clutch and since there arent any real good aftermarket options, we just prep the primary to hold together as long as possible, and after a certain mileage we just ditch it and install a new one. the primary wears out, think of it like wheel bearings and brake pads. the primary will need to be replaced more often than you want to, but its a necessary evil you have to deal with.

going back in with another OEM primary is about the best solution there is although i understand you didnt expect to or want to shell out another $550 on a primary at the moment. the secondary is somewhat rebuildable. the rollers and pins can be replaced in it. the bushing is stamped in and we rarely ever see them get much more slack than stock in them. if you need anything i will be glad to help although i cant do much more for your primary other than prep you another one and sell it to you outright.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
i understand you didnt expect to or want to shell out another $550 on a primary at the moment. the secondary is somewhat rebuildable. the rollers and pins can be replaced in it. the bushing is stamped in and we rarely ever see them get much more slack than stock in them. if you need anything i will be glad to help although i cant do much more for your primary other than prep you another one and sell it to you outright.
Adam: We want to order that primary we were discussing. Please give me a call, left you a message. Tks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000