Anyone "burning" injectors racing in BITD???

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
Hey Guys,

Curious if anyone has injector issues desert racing. I get about 500 miles out of mine before idle and low end performance degrades drastically. I'm on my 3rd set now. I would guess this is due to contamination in the fuel system. Fuel filters get changed every race and my vent lines are filtered. Not sure if ECU tuning would affect that or not? My fuel system is filtered before the injectors. Any thoughts?

Edit to add: For what its worth I currently use 40 micron fuel filters...I may switch to a 10 micron.

Last edited:

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
your injector duty cycle is too high. likely from a reflash and too small of injectors. when you calculate injector duty cycle, to make them live you want as low of a number as possible. when you have a big reflash, and stock injectors, your will be running the injectors at a high percentage, meaning 90% duty cycle or basically opening and closing so fast that they are almost wide open. this will melt the injectors. anything above 85% duty cycle will melt them. for reliability about 65% is all you wanna run.

if you are running a hot reflash especially with race gas, you need bigger injectors, or less reflash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000