Best RZR 800 engine kit

mrbounty

Jan 23, 2013
Wanting some info and specs on engine kits for my 09 rzr 800. I would like to run pump gas. Anyone with experience please respond. Thanks

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
I've been looking into doing the same and all my research has come up with going with a turbo. There are a lot of diff kits out there and they all vary in price. What exactly are you thinking??? Big bore?? Stroker crank?? How much do you want to spend??? Clutching can really make a huge difference too.

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
I did holzs stage 3 big bore. Only Complete Motor kit. Come with everthing you need . Seem pretty tough been beating on it for over a year. Doesnt burn a drop of oil.. Nice kit. :)

mrbounty

Jan 23, 2013
I don't want to do a turbo because of ride style. Wanting big bore kit. I already have clutch kit. Wanting to know if big bore really adds that much and would a stroker crank add more. How much more hp would this add? Was looking at 85mm kit.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I don't want to do a turbo because of ride style. Wanting big bore kit. I already have clutch kit. Wanting to know if big bore really adds that much and would a stroker crank add more. How much more hp would this add? Was looking at 85mm kit.
stroker made the most power we tried all the above. stroker with kroyer with kroyer/holtz kit is the best set up and most reliable

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Weller sells a stroker-big bore kit that they call the turbo killer!! You can't go wrong with Kroyer either. You just need to call em both and make a choice they are going to be able to give you all the accurate specs.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
What kind of riding do you do? Ive been in both turbo and BBK rzr's and the turbo is the most cost efficient way to increase HP. If you plan to race then you have to go BBK. The turbos can be reliable if you can keep yourself from turning up the boost past 10 lbs. I would take a second look at turbos before you blow them off.

mrbounty

Jan 23, 2013
I do woods and trails in the Midwest. I don't know how a turbo would work out for that. I have not been around a turbo rzr. Any info on turbo would be helpful

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
Go holzs stage 3.put it to the floor and don't worry about . If your motors stock now. You will be very happy with the power of the stage 3 . Nite and day Power. The first big sand hill I blasted up I was like. Wow. This thing flys No bogging like the stock setup .Or just get a xp. I would but I got way to much money invested in my 800 .

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I do woods and trails in the Midwest. I don't know how a turbo would work out for that. I have not been around a turbo rzr. Any info on turbo would be helpful
Turbo is perfect for woods and trails....you set it to 6 lbs boost and not worry about it..you wont be using the turbo all the time either. Bbk is good for racing bc the abuse but your kind of riding isnt abusive to the motor

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000