All UTV's Boxed vs Tubing A-arms

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
You have obviously misunderstood my comment and were offended by it. Not really sure why but okay.
You posted a picture and a comment. I responded to your picture and ignored your comment seeing that you have a way to bump form your radius'ed piece when you said you needed to figure that out. I saw that you solved your problem and said "well there ya go".

Not really sure why you judged me based off the amount of posts that I've started either. Just trying to help, relax.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
You have obviously misunderstood my comment and were offended by it. Not really sure why but okay.
You posted a picture and a comment. I responded to your picture and ignored your comment seeing that you have a way to bump form your radius'ed piece when you said you needed to figure that out. I saw that you solved your problem and said "well there ya go".

Not really sure why you judged me based off the amount of posts that I've started either. Just trying to help, relax.
Sorry
!.
Yeah, I read the post again after reading this reply, and I can see it in a different light now. I'm just so defensive. Because I've chosen to be a bum for the last 4 years, people look at me differently (like I'm a bum, I guess!) and I assume they are judging me, for I am always judging myself. I have lost a lot of confidence in myself, and society. My first thoughts are always negative or biased, and building a die as complex as you explained so I don't "scare" the metal just sounded sarcastic to me. If you read your post again as I did, you'll see it can be read either way.
I hate the fact that I don't understand people any more. I'm not much for social graces, and haven't been enjoying life, but I sure do enjoy sharing my knowledge and useful tips with all you "Forum'ers" who can benefit from it. If I don't pass it on soon, it will be gone, and I would be ashamed of that.
I will make a conscious effort to give the benefit of the doubt in the future before passing judgement. One thing is for certain, I do say exactly what is on my mind, whether it offends people or not. I don't have much faith in mankind, and I'm pretty bitter. But conversely speaking, I also give more of myself than ever before to people. Maybe it's a wash...............................

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Here's the a arm plates, and the die that I came up with to bend them.

Last edited:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
This is awesome !!! I just wana come tinker in your shop...
Sorry, but I work out of my cousins shop. If it were my shop, every weekend would be workshop weekends. I read here that there is a guy in Riverside who has a fab school. Sounds fun and rewarding! Although I am kinda a grumpy old man, I'd probably run all of my students off! I'm sure you would be surprised if you saw the bare minimum tools that I work with. Hell, Mac Gyver aint got nothing on me!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
As time permits, I'll add more detail photos, but more importantly, I will cover the process from beginning to end. From the computer modeling (done in a simple 2d CAD type program), to the forming of the individual components, fitting and welding the components as an assembly, post welding stress relief, and finally, installing the arms on our race car and performing a 4 wheel alignment. Back to the grind for now, but please, NO HIJACKING my thread!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Well, finally got the arms welded tonite. 5 days later! I wanted to spend the time necessary to thoroughly document the components that make up the arm, as well as welding fixtures for future use. After the IV 250 race, I will walk through step by step details of the process. For now, just enjoy the pics. I'm working on a kit similar to what we race with, for sale to the public, so if anybody wants to chime in with suggestions as to what they would like to see, and also what they do not care to see, the input would be valuable and appreciated.

Last edited:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Some "eye candy" to hold you over . The arms are now 90% complete. I'll add on the coil over tabs as well as the limit strap tabs in a few hours after I get some well needed rest. WOW:eek:. It even looks fast.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000