Brake Help!!!

Jdudley1987

Mar 16, 2016
My UTV seems to have fine brake pads but I get little to no braking... Not sure where to look next. The brake lines seem to be in good shape and I have brake fluid but I will say when I take a brake line off it does not spray fluid out when I press the brake... Any help would be great I am new to this so bare with me on the specifics of how to do something. I did notice that my caliper also seems to have a grease or some other type of attachment above where the brake line attaches. When I currently press the brakes the pads do not compress whatsoever to the disc and I have the tires off trying to figure this out...

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
First thing don't press the brake w the line off.

1. Pull your lines off and let them gravity flow fluid.
2. Put them back and bleed the brakes starting in the back work forward. That grease fitting is your bleed valve. It's 8 mm.

If you don't know how to bleed brakes PM me and we can discuss over the phone.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
It definitely sounds like you have introduced air into the brake system. That is a big no no and will require bleeding, i would suggest you take Felix George up on his offer and give him a call, or take to you local shop and tell them you need the brakes bled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000