CA - Hands Off the OHV Trust Fund!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
The Governor's recently announced plans to sweep "special" funds would result in yet another "loan" from the Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trust fund. These funds are not raised from general tax revenues and are in fact exclusively obtained from payments by riders for their OHV registration and related fuel taxes.

Back in 2007 the OHV community supported a doubling of these registration fees as part of Senate Bill 742. This was done specifically to ensure adequate funds for the OHV program. They are designated to be used solely for OHV program related expenses and to administer and expand the State Vehicle Recreation Areas (SVRA's) system, not to be constantly raided during times of fiscal crisis.

The legislature needs to hear from the riding community immediately. Tell them before another dollar is "borrowed" from this user funded program they first need to repay the $112 million (total) they took in 2008 and 2009. Good fiscal management of this program should be rewarded and respected, not penalized!

With other sectors of California State Parks facing a fiscal crisis, now is the time to identify those facilities that should be part of the SVRA system. State Parks have already announced plans to close a number of parks due to budget constraints. Instead they should work to identify those units that could offer new OHV opportunities and be kept open and managed by the OHV division.

Take Action!
American Motorcyclist Association - Tell the State Legislature and Governor Brown Hands Off the OHV Trust Fund!!

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Once again the state robs from the fools who give in to political lies and fees.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Once again the state robs from the fools who give in to political lies and fees.
I'm not real clear on what it is you are trying to tell everyone with your statement above.

Are you saying that all OHV users in California are fools, Democrats and should refuse to pay fees of any kind?

May I also ask, did you take the two minutes required to respond to the alert?

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
The OHV community is treated as fools and constantly robbed by the poiliticians. The Politicians know that if you are didvided you will fall.

What do I mean you ask by that. Well what really needs to happen is all outdoor enthusiasts from boaters to hunters and motorcycle riders and so forth need to stand together and not just for the own respective sport. Each individual group is to small to really impact anything politically.
Im tired of all of the bullshit they pull and somehow we need a bigger organisation instead of splintered groups. That will help the lobbying effort.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
The OHV community is treated as fools and constantly robbed by the poiliticians. The Politicians know that if you are didvided you will fall.

What do I mean you ask by that. Well what really needs to happen is all outdoor enthusiasts from boaters to hunters and motorcycle riders and so forth need to stand together and not just for the own respective sport. Each individual group is to small to really impact anything politically.
Im tired of all of the bullshit they pull and somehow we need a bigger organisation instead of splintered groups. That will help the lobbying effort.
I happen to be a full size OHV user with nearly four decades of wheeling involvement, own four but also own an SXS for working my property, a dirt bike and boat. I have been actively involved in the access fight for over a decade.

Motorized recreation folks number nearly 60 million, that's 1/5th of the population in OUR United States. Often I find that folks don’t vote for OHV friendly Politicians or at all and fail to get involved in access advocacy issues which tends to splinter efforts more than one’s choice of motorized recreational pursuit.

The BlueRibbon Coalition is one group who embraces and fights for all forms of motorized recreation and I am a member, I also belong to a State organization who works with the BRC and other more local groups yet I post AMA and other alerts no matter what use specific group provides them. Splintering is a mindset IMHO.

If one does not participate in the fight and just sits back complaining we will never be able to leverage our numbers to any meaningful effect.

In conclusion, you made no mention of acting on the alert which is the subject of this post. It takes two minutes, did you contribute to the fight?

Last edited:

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Thanks Bob..I forwarded info onto all the STRD friends from California and to warn all othe friends that it could/would possibly coming to a State near them...Barbara

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Thanks Bob..I forwarded info onto all the STRD friends from California and to warn all othe friends that it could/would possibly coming to a State near them...Barbara
Thank you Barbara!

It has already hit many States recently and this is California’s fourth time around in my recent memory, none of the over $300 million dollars stolen have been paid back nor will they ever, hence closures of areas funded by our registration fees and gas taxes.

Many more States as yet unaffected WILL be hit so folks should join in the fight wherever they live by practicing a simple “Know No Borders†approach.

Here’s mine . . .

It is easy to get around the Out-of-State thing; the greenies do it all the time!

It's not like Politicians research a person before they accept a comment; the mail bot for the Politicians office often rejects email from Out-of-State or in some cases Out-of-District via zip codes, that’s all. For Out-of-District stuff I just use the zip code for the Public Servant's home office.

For Out-of-State stuff just use the Internet and your favorite search engine like Google to find a zip code and address in whatever State for a Burger King, McDonalds or something easy and plug in your real or a bogus name and fire away!

You'll need to use your real email address to receive a response, and in most cases like this particular one, no phone number is required.

That’s it, REAL simple!

Thanks once again for helping in the fight!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000