All UTV's Can you say Waterslide????

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Just curious... did a new law come into effect that does not allow alcohol in Ocotillo Wells?

Nate
Alba Racing

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
awww i have to check the schedule of events for this weekend. i wanna go, do you care if i steal this flyer for reposting?

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Just curious... did a new law come into effect that does not allow alcohol in Ocotillo Wells?

Nate
Alba Racing

Looks like it. I guess next we're not going to be able to take a piss or crap. I wonder when the no breathing ban goes into effect... Government sucks....

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009

Nate
Alba Racing

X2,, whats up with that? Is it something they apply against this event only or is it a new law?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Ocotillo Wells implemented a no drinking outside of camp rule a while ago guys. The rule is that you can drink in and around your camp but you cannot drink while out on the trails or at any of the gathering points. If they search your cooler and find beer or alcohol of any kind they can cite you. Let me tell you, if they have the slightest idea or thought that you are drinking they will run you through the DUI stuff as well. I have seen it happen on a couple of friends, both were sober but they tried to get them to fail.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Ocotillo Wells implemented a no drinking outside of camp rule a while ago guys. The rule is that you can drink in and around your camp but you cannot drink while out on the trails or at any of the gathering points. If they search your cooler and find beer or alcohol of any kind they can cite you. Let me tell you, if they have the slightest idea or thought that you are drinking they will run you through the DUI stuff as well. I have seen it happen on a couple of friends, both were sober but they tried to get them to fail.
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]​

[/FONT]
NEWS RELEASE
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]For energy efficient recreation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
[FONT=Arial,Bold]California State Parks on the internet: www.parks.ca.gov[/FONT]
[/FONT]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Kathy Dolinar
November 15, 2004 (760) 767-5391
[FONT=Arial,Italic]
[FONT=Arial,Italic]Effective November 24, 2004[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
[FONT=Arial,Bold]Restrictions Imposed at Ocotillo Wells SVRA[/FONT]
[/FONT]OCOTILLO WELLS -- Effective November 24, State Park Rangers will rigorously enforce a ban on fires and the consumption of alcoholic beverages outside of camping areas at Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area, California State Park officials announced today.

In addition, officials said, Blow Sand Hill, Devil’s Slide and Shell Reef will be closed to camping.

“We are stepping up our law enforcement efforts in response to the large number of people who insist on doing the wrong thing and are coming to the Park to party, and not to ride,†said Superintendent Kathy Dolinar. She said the culprits are drinking, building large fires, and are unruly.

Not only is it illegal, but this behavior is also very disturbing to the many families and others who come to Ocotillo Wells SVRA for what it was intended and that is the pursuit of recreational opportunities, Dolinar said. “But this type of unwarranted behavior is going to end,†she promised.

Dolinar said she has the support of many off-highway vehicle user groups who are in favor of the increased efforts to curb the illegal activities.

She said a large number of State Park and local law enforcement personnel will be on duty at the Park over the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday weekend to ensure that there is law and
order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000