Can-Am canam maverick spin on oil filter adapter and oil cooler install pics

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
well i found a great deal on CL for a Mr Rpm spin on oil filter adpter and decided to add the extra oil cooling capacity since the ports were there.

First CanAm designers should be strung up and beaten for the placement of the stock oil filter. Its behind a small plate that fits flush on the motor, so when you pull the plate after drainning the oil from below at the plug the residual oil in the filter runs down the side of the motor and on top of the welded in skid plate. Where you cannot put a rag, funnel or anything to stop the oil dripping down the side of the motor. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i ordered up a 10" long two pass oil cooler, AN fittings and some high temp hose. I only use my car in the sand so i put the cooler up front and bolted it to my Utv Inc front gusset plate.

It added 1/2 a quart to the total oil capacity.

All of this and my car is forsale, i just cannot leave anything alone. Haha

hardcharger81

Nov 30, 2014
Elk Grove CA
I was just looking at this kit and I was wondering, sometimes with similar setups on larger engines (I'm speaking in terms of heavy equipment as that's where my expertise is) is there a loss of oil pressure across the system?

I really like the idea. Even just the spin on filter because you are right, the little slide in on sucks.

Maybe someone that's done some testing or knows Rotax motors would chime in?

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I was just looking at this kit and I was wondering, sometimes with similar setups on larger engines (I'm speaking in terms of heavy equipment as that's where my expertise is) is there a loss of oil pressure across the system?

I really like the idea. Even just the spin on filter because you are right, the little slide in on sucks.

Maybe someone that's done some testing or knows Rotax motors would chime in?
Nope. The pressure is created down stream from the filter/filter housing by creating a restriction in the passage ways. Oiling holes, to journal tolerance is where the pressure is made....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000