CBR Radiator & Oil Cooler w/ Filter Relocation Kit *UTVUG REVIEW* for Polaris RZR4

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

UTVUnderground / CBR-Performance Oil Cooler & Radiator Install & Review

Well I have now been able to actually run our UTVUnderground Project Polaris RZR4 with both the CBR Oil Colling system and Radiator. CBR Performance, formally known as PWR Performance is a manufacturer of high quality and high performance cooling systems for your on and off road machines.

While the RZR4 does not have a stock oil temp guage for me to maintain I do feel like the set up has to make an improvement and will further improve the longevity of the motor coupled with regular maintenance. I do however really enjoy the ease of access in reaching and servicing the oil filter with the new relocation kit that CBR also provided.

CBR-Performance Oil Cooler and Filter Relocation Kit for Polaris RZR4

I did however notice a difference in engine temps with the new radiator. While this kit does retain the stock fan that fires off at about 205 deg. F I neevr noticed temps get beyond that. With the stock radiator I did see spikes of up to 220 deg. F. Before the install I would also periodiclly notice that coolant would push out the overflow bottle cap which has a small breather hole. In running the RZR4 with the new CBR aluminum radiator that did not happen. That makes me super happy!!!

CBR-Performance Polaris RZR4 Radiator

Installation of both the oil cooler system and radiator was painless. The Oil Cooler system requires about 45 minutes of work but CBR Performance does a fantastic job of supplying the correct parts and instructions to make this a simple and painless installation.

Installation of the Radiator was very simple. It is a drop in part that simply requires you to remove the hood and front headlight / grill plastics and then remove the stock radiator. From there you pull the stock spall fan off the radiator and mount it to the new CBR radiator. The Radiator then drops right into the stock location using stock hardware. It took Trevor at 747 Ink about 30 minutes +/- to complete this job while I hovered with a camera.

I want to thank CBR Performance for these amazing products and their fantastic service. Stephen came down to install the oil cooling system for me and that was really cool of them. I am thrilled to have CBR on the UTVUnderground team and I highly recommend their products.

LINKS:
Home
UTV Page: UTV
RZR Products: Polaris

About CBR Performance:
CBR PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS SPECAILIZES IN MANUFACTURING HIGH PERFORMANCE, CUSTOM, ALL ALUMINUM OFF-ROAD RADIATORS. ALL OF OUR RADIATORS FEATURE A 100% ALL ALUMINUM CORE, WHICH IS MUCH STRONGER THAN A TRADITIONAL COOPER CORE. ALUMINUM ALLOWS THE USE OF WIDER TUBES WHICH ALLOWS MORE DIRECT CONTACT BETWEEN THE FINS AND TUBES, INCREASING THE RADIATORS CAPACITY AND DISIPATES HEAT MUCH QUICKER. ALL CBR OFF-RAOD RADIATORS FEATURE OUR UNIQUE WIDER TUBE CONFIGURATION AND REVOLUTIONARY LOUVER FIN DESIGN ANGLE, ALLOWING THE BEST COOLING PERFORMANCE IN THE MOST EXTREME CONDITIONS IMAGINABLE. ALL CBR RADIATORS ARE 100% TIG WELDED AND MADE FROM AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM. INGENUITY, DURABILITY, STRENTH AND PERFORMANCE IS BUILT INTO ALL CBR PRODUCTS FOR YOUR EVERY DAY DEMANDS. ALL CBR PRODUCTS COME WITH OUR 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. WE ALSO SPECAILIZE IN CUSTOM UNITS, SO IF YOU DON’T SEE IT, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US ABOUT ANY CUSTOM BUILD. MOUNTING KITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THESE RADIATORS

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Re: CBR Radiator & Oil Cooler w/ Filter Relocation Kit *UTVUG REVIEW* for Polaris RZR

I hope they get the teryx kits done soon, its been months!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000